UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I don't think I've ever play a demo so much! Caught Rua with a knee when he went for a takedown looked absolutely sickening.

I did this one time too, good LORD it was sick.

I pretty much always play as Chuck, and my offense so far can be described as 2% wrestling throws, 18% punches...80% head kicks.

Edited by Plubby

I usually play with Liddell as well, but I try to at least mix it up with punches and kicks. I've had some awesome overhand knockouts. Recently tried a game with Rua though, attempting to get a submission but they are hard as shit to get in.

Edited by SRNIGMA

Am i the only one who is crushing Rua on expert? I mean I'm not KOing him in the first round but he never really gets me in any danger of losing (other than when the computer randomly decides no matter how much stamina you have or how much you mash or twirl the stick that you can't escape the submission).

Once you start remembering how to do Takedowns and Head Kicks in the the fights, everything get's a lot easier. >_> I destroyed Rua earlier and beat the living fuck out of Liddell once I knew how to do head kicks. I love when you hit them and it goes gray, allowing you to decide just how your going to knock them the hell out. Still haven't had the game get to anythin other than a submission or TKO victory though.

I've lost due to random KO's/submissions to Rua but at best Rua wins 1.5/10 on expert.

edit: lol I think I've posted more in this thread then I have in any other thread in all my years on EWB (I've been on the boards longer than 04).

Edited by kale

So, maybe it's just these specific fighters... but I cannot for the life of me submit anybody. I did though, have a grand time winning by TKO via ref stoppage because of massive knees to Chuck's side from side control. It just looked so nasty.

And I finally hit a Thai Clinch Knee for a KO...brutal.

Leg Kicks are the way forward lol on the harder difficulties i like going Rua cause find it more challenging just beat the crap with leg kicks and kicks to the body and just keep going for the jab.

lol one game on Advance i think i must of rocked Chuck like 5 times as the thing kept slowing down it was like 2 kicks to the body, a left hook, a knee to the head and a hammerfist and kept punching but it was at very end of round must of been like 10-6 lol that bad a beating...Next round go for the running knee walk straight into superman punch knocked out.

Very very addictive demo and looks freakin sweet. Submissions are hard though think i've submitted once on the demo. And the steps i can't do them whenever i try when you've knocked them down just can't do them and jump over and punch him

Never been to a decision sometimes i try to not win just to get a decision than end up paying for it :( Bad times.

Edited by davidmarrio

I'm bored so I'm just slaughtering Rua on easy right now. I just hit him with an overhand right, then a left to knock him onto his back, then stood over him and just started lighting him up with uncontested punches to the head till I got the TKO. Fucking awesome. I can't wait till this comes out

I love rocking my opponent and knocking them down, then pounding their legs with kicks while they recover then letting them back up. I was playing against a friend and did this 5 or 6 times. Of course, my cocky play caught up to me and I ended up being knocked out just as the third round began.

Has anyone else played on expert yet? God, I must have played it last night at least a couple hundred times with a buddy of mine and between the two of us, we won a total of 3 matches. How did we do this you ask? I have no idea. First round, Rua goes for a right hook, misses, I deliver a roundhouse to the side of his neck and he's knocked out. The second victory, he was trying to shoot, as always, into me. I lifted my knee up and he knocked himself out.

The third one my friend got, he clocked Rua with a pretty good spinning back fist. Although he didn't win more matches than that, he did manage to German Suplex, Powerbomb, and slam Rua down quite a few times during various matches. This game is far to addicting, I have to keep playing on expert just so I know I'll have a small chance of winning online against all the rest of the Undisputed addicts, lol.