UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I played the demo and I easily won two times with both fighters so I should probably try it on expert. I know it's not fun but I find if you just repeatedly do the same move you have a big chance of landing a knock-out. I probably won't buy this because 360 games are f'n expensive and I've never watched UFC and I also think that the game will get boring after a while. I mean, some people here have played the demo for hours already, so the only difference the actual game will make are different fighters.

I brutalize Rua everytime on expert now so I've switch to playing as Rua, and not until now did I know how much of a beast Chuck is at stand up. Loves his superman punches, but I've taken Rua's step-punches to a whole new level, along with push kicks and spinning back kicks. Head kicks lead to dodges and Superman punch knockouts, so I've been avoiding them.

Chuck is a cocky son of a bitch though. After a brutal round one with Rua knocking Chuck to the mat right as the bell went, round two starts and Rua (me) meets Chuck in the middle and I do the touch gloves taunt. Surprisngly, he does it aswell at nearly perfect timing and we actually touched. Stepped back, started to circle, SPINNING BACK FIST MY GOD RUAS OUT COLD~!

I love it.

EDIT: I repeat. He's a fucking beast.

I love being the asshole that punches my opponent in the face when they attempt to touch gloves with me.

This is fun for everyone, because it's not like wrestling where... you have to do a set-up to do every other move. This is just striking or the ground game and no matter where you are in the match, you're in the middle of a struggle that one of you has to win... so you're always tapping buttons or trying to manuever. I played a wrestling game DIRECTLY after the UFC demo with a friend and really.. we shut it off mid-match.

All the reviewers had to re-do them because "fap fap fap fap fap fap" does not constitute a review <_<

EDIT: Don't read too closely into that one, it becomes quite gay.

Edited by Plubby

I tried fighting Rua on Advanced and forget about it.. everytime he goes for a take down, he gets it and I swear to god that it is impossible for me to strike him once because he ALWAYS reverses it, and then gets into full mount and pounds me until I'm knocked out. Even if I catch his hand and pull him back down he instantly gets back on top and starts pounding away.

Has there been any reviews for the game posted online yet?

I don't think so.

All we'll get before the 19th (hopefully a review comes a little earlier than the release) is previews and what happened before the reviewers managed to play test it, I think.

I tried fighting Rua on Advanced and forget about it.. everytime he goes for a take down, he gets it and I swear to god that it is impossible for me to strike him once because he ALWAYS reverses it, and then gets into full mount and pounds me until I'm knocked out. Even if I catch his hand and pull him back down he instantly gets back on top and starts pounding away.

Is full mount when they're on your sitting up on your abdomen? If so with Chuck I find it easy to get out of it to my advantage on the hardest mode. L1 + quarter turn on the right stick.

Woooo. Finally just KOed Chuck at his own game with Rua.

3:04 into Round 2, I rocked him with a push kick to the stomach, sending him to the ground defenseless. Climbed on top of him and rained down punches yet he managed to come around and push me off with his feet, yet staying on the ground. I climbed into his guard and began raining down elbows, finally catching him with 4-5 clean ones and Chuck was out.

Satisfaction in one win after being beaten countless times.

EDIT: After watching the replays at the end, it was only one elbow after getting into his guard and he was out. I just rained down 4 more afterwards :shifty:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Didn't one of the Tapout guys die in a car crash quite recently? I winder if that'll affect whether or not he's included.

I think it was Mask who did, yeah.

Yeah I guess THQ qas going to put them in before the car accident then checked with the remaining two guys to see if it was alright to put him in after the fact. There was an article somewhere that talked about it. I got the link off gamefaqs.

One thing that I guess has been confirmed that kind of irks me is that you can't have exhibition title matches. That's something I've always enjoyed with the Smackdown games but it's a small grip with what should be a stellar game. I'm eagerly counting down the days until I get it.