UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Gutted this isn't out till Friday, not sure if I can handle three days of people on here talking about it while I'm not playing it :crying:

Cant wait to play online with this though. Looking forward to hopefully matching up against some of the people here with the game, just make sure you all get it on 360 so that I can KO your ass with Rampage.

For everyone who get's it tomorrow, I hope you know us Europeans are fully expecting comments on the career mode soon. >_> I can't wait to play the full version, I've been playing the hardest difficulty on the demo and I'm doing pretty well. (I've only been tapped out or knocked out about twice each.)

I'm getting the game tomorrow night. I'll be doing online for the most part but I'll tool around with career mode a little. I'll post my thoughts after I finish for the night.

As far as online goes, if anyone wants to play me, I'm game. My gamertag is in my sig so feel free to add me and we'll have some fun online.

It's.. really not a big enough game to be doing a midnight release. If I had to work at midnight just to do a midnight release for a game that likely won't be sold out in most locations.. I'd be pissed off.

I assume they base it on something, pre-orders probably, as to whether or not they'll stay open. I'll say this though, UFC always surprises me. When they released their first trading cards a couple months ago, they sold out immediately, so I figure sales should definately be good for a video game.

I'm honestly surprised at how much noise just the UFC 09' demo has made. I've heard at least 30 to 40 people I know talking about picking it up when it comes out, not to mention people talking about here on the forums. Hopefully, I'll be able to grab a copy when I drop my girlfriend off at work tomorrow from either Wal-Mart or GameStop. Are there any extras that come with the game if you purchase it at GameStop?

It's.. really not a big enough game to be doing a midnight release. If I had to work at midnight just to do a midnight release for a game that likely won't be sold out in most locations.. I'd be pissed off.

I assume they base it on something, pre-orders probably, as to whether or not they'll stay open. I'll say this though, UFC always surprises me. When they released their first trading cards a couple months ago, they sold out immediately, so I figure sales should definately be good for a video game.

Sales will likely be pretty good, yeah. I'm just saying this isn't like a GTAIV or other such release.

And on that note, heading in now. :)

Edited by Apshamasis

Are there any extras that come with the game if you purchase it at GameStop?

Only pre-orders got you the 2 extra characters on the disc itself. But those 2 will be free in 90 days to download so it isn't really that big of a deal.

Edited by Fitzy

Let us know how things roll.

Just checked out Metacritic, rocking out an 88% after 7 reviews. Good enough for me. Now, whether to order off Amazon or just go pick it up on Friday?

I've been debating that myself, whether to pre-order or just pick it up Friday. I'll probably just get it Friday at Asda.

It's pretty damn good... it's not just shit like "Pick from one of seven default faces" thank god, there's warping for all aspects of the face which is awesome... but I've found it easy to create someone that doesn't look like an alien at the same time.

My impressions of career mode? Awesome. From the moment that you pick your guy and hear Dana's speech, leading into your tryout fight it's really involved. You see the results from cards future (Lesnar's going to win at UFC 100 apparently), hear smack talk from your next opponent and balance training with fights, camps and other events that come up. I can't see myself getting bored quickly at all.

Also, playing as Lesnar.. it's just as you'd expect.. awesome.

Questions?

Does it appear that the rest of the UFC in Career Mode is fairly dynamic? As in, unlike the Smackdown games, is there a sense that things can actually change from one career to another?

I probably could have worded this better, but....