UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

It's pretty damn good... it's not just shit like "Pick from one of seven default faces" thank god, there's warping for all aspects of the face which is awesome... but I've found it easy to create someone that doesn't look like an alien at the same time.

Is there much doing attire wise? I always thought that SvR sucked in that regard. I just don't wanna fight wearing single coloured pants.

I gots to look classy.

Oh, awesome. After each fight cool little things happen; autograph session offers, equipment upgrades, training camp offers with UFC fighters but I just got an email from Dana White asking if I wanted to replace Stephan Bonnar to fight Hector Romero due to a training injury at UFN31.

Well, you can choose colours of your tights\length and then place sponsors as you get them on said tights.

Edited by Apshamasis

Another thing.. choosing where you are from is odd for me. For Canada I got:

Canada with the usual cities

Canada (Nova Scotia) with three cities in the province.

Then you have to select where you fight out of and it's even more limited with

Canada and then a few places... but Montreal is in as just Montreal and Montreal, Quebec as well.

Not a big thing just.. odd.

Oh, awesome. After each fight cool little things happen; autograph session offers, equipment upgrades, training camp offers with UFC fighters but I just got an email from Dana White asking if I wanted to replace Stephan Bonnar to fight Hector Romero due to a training injury at UFN31.

Well, you can choose colours of your tights\length and then place sponsors as you get them on said tights.

UFN31? There has only been 18 Fight Nights (27 counting Ortiz/Shamrock 3 and 8 Ultimate Fighter Finales). Where did this Fight Night 31 come from? :shifty:

I know you're being a smartass, but in case anyone didn't know.. the game starts JUST before UFC100 and has accurate cards for a few shows. Then it's all rankings.

I am noticing a lot of title switches as well.

Also, Dana White is a dick. "Hey, want to fight Vanderlai Silva in... today?"

God damn Brock is a beast on here, he's huge and I knocked at least 3 people out in under 2 minutes. I can't wait to play the career mode though, should be pretty fun.

P.S: Diego Sanchez looks spot on in this game & is one my favorites to fight with.

Fight fight I fought was Lesnar vs Sylvia for some reason, Brock's a beast but Sylvia managed to KO him with a right hand late into the 2nd.

2nd was Anderson Silva vs Wanderlai Silva (I was Anderson), and lost 3 times. Twice to a leglock, once to a KO.

Decided to try my hand online, quick match'd my way into a Welterweight fight against Sean Sherk. I picked St Pierre, and a little over 4 minutes into the 2nd round I won from a knee to the face when he went for the takedown. During that fight, there was a struggle for an armbar for atleast 20 seconds. It was amazing.

EDIT: Set up for a Bisping vs Henderson (me) online right now. Saweeet.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, taking all challengers. WHO WANTS SOME!? (PS3 that is)

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I'm almost liking the career mode, but it seems a little bland for my taste, guess I'm just use to glitz and glamor from wrestling games, lol. It's really hard when you're starting off, I've had about 3 fights now and I've lost all of them the same way, full mount & getting KOed.

I really suck at anything on the ground right now, standing up, not bad at all, on the ground, they bypass whatever protection I have and get into a full mount every time. I can't get out of anything and it's extremely frustrating, it is on Expert though.

Being that MMA is a legitimate sport... you're not going to get a lot of "glitz and glamour" in a career mode, no matter how much they add to it.

Essentially, it's going to turn into a simulation style mode, much like the NHL or MLB games.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, when I can get my ass over to Walmart and grab a copy.

I am a perfect 6-0 in my career as the heavyweight "Big Nasty". Just beat Mark Coleman. All of my fights have ended with me in full mount throwing down hammerfists. It's my trademark.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to become a BJJ/Muay Thai kind of guy and created a Brawler. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be making a ton more characters and hopefully figure out how to fine tune everything just so.

Wait, wait, what was that I heard? Did someone say that the titles change hands through out career and NPC's move up and down the ranks!? :) That's brilliant, exactly what I was hoping for. Reminds me of the old SD! games where you'd be challenging a different person for the title each time because it changed hands so much. Even though that meant that Goldberg or Brock Lesnar had the titles pretty much all the time >_>