UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Admittedly I know fuck all about UFC fighters, so of course I went with Brock for my first fight. Yeah, I beat the shit out of Mir. Good times, good times. The game still holds up as playing great. I only rented this, but maybe I'll buy it when I get a job. It'll all depend if this still holds up as rad once the week is over.

One thing I can tell, though, is that the soundtrack will get annoying quickly.

Career mode is kind of boring. It would have been nice if they'd made the training and public relations stuff a little more interactive, but maybe the next game.

I lost my first two fights due to a stand up knock out, but I won the next two after that. One was by a knockout punch, the next was by a big kick to the side of the head.

I suck at the ground game though. I keep trying to get to full mount or get a submission, and I always lose it.

I suck at the ground game though. I keep trying to get to full mount or get a submission, and I always lose it.

God, I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with the ground game. Seems like no matter how much I rotate the stick or move it the right way, I can't keep my opponent from either overpowering me or blocking my advance.

I'm not bad at my ground game at all (despite not properly knowing how to full mount, besides luckily getting it sometimes.) Every other position is fine, I just always seem to go side control instead of full mount from half guard. And besides me being pretty decent IMO at my ground game, its still pushed to the limits on expert.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Christ, I must be earning the title 'Step In King', because I've had to step in and take the place of like 6 injured fighters by now. 3 of which have been against Carmelo Melendez (Lightweight Division). I've also faced Carmelo 4 times in total, once by choice and 3 times by step in. He won the one by choice, and I've won every one since. Now its time for another.

EDIT: Unanimous decision for him, but all of my fucking controllers analogs are broken. W.T.F.

EDIT 2: And the news reports with him gloating really make me want another rematch. When I beat him by TKO, he claimed the ref made a bad call and he wasn't out, yet he was rocked and then I pounded his head for the TKO, looked pretty out to me.

EDIT 3: Next opponent fell victim to the standup-to-headkick combo, after putting him in the 'rocked' mode from hammerfists and he pushed me off. Gotta love it.

EDIT 4: Fucking right. At UFN50, I get my 5th rematch with Carmelo Melendez. Payback shall be a bitch.

this game is fucking addicting. i got it last night at midnight... stopped playing at 10am this morning. wont be surprised if i do something close to the same thing tonight.

i am a little peeved that theres no title matches in exhibition. yes, i know they are just exhibition fights... but i would like to be able to have title changes between real fighters rather than just in career mode as a created fighter :(

I just finished a seven hour session with it after picking it up. It's absolutely fantastic. I was going to do online tonight but got swept up in career mode. I just finished my second defense of the heavyweight belt (beat Lesnar for it). I've got two losses, both came early on in my career so I'm hoping I can still make it to the hall of fame. I stopped career for a bit to do an online match which I lost. I accidentally picked the wrong weight class and didn't know the styles of any of the fighters so I got beat pretty quickly. Online wasn't too laggy which was nice. The guy I played against must be doing nothing but online because his online stats seem to be pretty beefy. If anyone wants to play tomorrow, I'll be online. I knocked out the tough single player achievements which took forever. Especially the knock out a fighter in 20 seconds. I had to do it with Rua because I know his moves the best. I'm trying to get submission of the night to finish that achievement but it seems to be pretty hard to get. I've submitted guys in my last two fights. Hopefully it'll come soon especially since my guy really isn't designed for submission fighting. I decided on boxing and judo which is actually pretty fun to play with. I imagine I'll finish up my current career either tomorrow or the next day and start on number two. Damn good game if I may say so.

this game is fucking addicting. i got it last night at midnight... stopped playing at 10am this morning. wont be surprised if i do something close to the same thing tonight.

i am a little peeved that theres no title matches in exhibition. yes, i know they are just exhibition fights... but i would like to be able to have title changes between real fighters rather than just in career mode as a created fighter :(

I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it yet, but doesn't the game automatically recognize 5 round matches as title matches? All the 5 round matches I've had, including the ones online end with Dana putting the belt around the winner's waist in the final cutscene. And Bruce Buffer calling it a title match.

I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it yet, but doesn't the game automatically recognize 5 round matches as title matches? All the 5 round matches I've had, including the ones online end with Dana putting the belt around the winner's waist in the final cutscene. And Bruce Buffer calling it a title match.

Yeah, I haven't got the game but I'm sure I read they can be defended in exhibition fights by just choosing a 5 round fight.

Yeah, I haven't got the game but I'm sure I read they can be defended in exhibition fights by just choosing a 5 round fight.

Oh really? Hmm, I must have overlooked that. Thanks a ton then. I had read a few things elsewhere that said there were no title match. I guess it's somewhat irrelevant though unless somewhere on the fighter selection screen it indicates who holds what titles. I haven't really had time to mess around with it that much yet though.

Payback was a bitch. KO in the 3rd round, winner Buck, a-lew-za-urrr - Carmelo Melendez

Pretty funny actually, in the couple weeks leading up to the fight, I got one news report of him being semi-respectful, but saying if I came at him with the same mindset, it'll end the same way (him winning). And then the very next week, I got a news report of a tape being released with him saying things like '...booking me against this unskilled fighter; they must of overbooked the card and needed to find someone I could finish in 4 seconds'. Foot in mouth.

EDIT: WOO! Next fight, 1ST ROUND KNOCKOUT~ (1:23)! Michael Buck is on a roll. Fight of the Night and KO of the Night. 2355 Cred for the fight (most I've got yet)

EDIT 2: And I think the victim of that 1st round knockout paid off Dana White to say that he lost a fighter and wanted me to step in and face him again in 4 weeks, after I had the option of facing him and chose someone else. So, I took the opportunity to add a 2nd 1st round win to my resume.

EDIT 3: WOO! AND HE DOES IT! With 1:00 left in the 1st, Michael Buck KOs him AGAIN~! Two fights in a row. KO of the night again, as well.

I am loving the career mode so far, it's awesome. My record is 11-2, I am currently the #4 Light Heavyweight fighter.

Wanderlei Silva was scheduled to be my next opponent, but then Rashad Evans got injured during training and I am stepping in to fight Lyoto Machida... whom I just defeated like 2 weeks prior...

Woo I was undefeated in Career mode, 5-0. I wasn't paying attention to my calendar and I went into a fight against Karo Parisyan with 0% Stamina. He ended up choking me out with a Guillotine in the first round. Couple months later, 7-1... goddamn tarnished record... and Karo is one of my options for my next fight. I choose him... we go into the second round. He has me down on the mat with I believe it was a side mount. I got out and we both got to our feet... as soon as we're both vertical, kick to the temple and Karo goes down. Woo. Vengeance is mine.

EDIT: OHHHH SHIT. And Karo Parisyan goes down with an injury following the fight... he was scheduled to face Matt Hughes in two weeks in a UFC undercard fight. I'm not scheduled to fight until 10 weeks from now against Serra. I step in for Parisyan against Hughes in my first actual UFC PPV fight... here goes nothing.

EDIT TWO: FUCK! 8-2... :(. Goddamn arm bars...

Edited by JairusCain

Woo I was undefeated in Career mode, 5-0. I wasn't paying attention to my calendar and I went into a fight against Karo Parisyan with 0% Stamina. He ended up choking me out with a Guillotine in the first round. Couple months later, 7-1... goddamn tarnished record... and Karo is one of my options for my next fight. I choose him... we go into the second round. He has me down on the mat with I believe it was a side mount. I got out and we both got to our feet... as soon as we're both vertical, kick to the temple and Karo goes down. Woo. Vengeance is mine.

That's how I just won the 1:23 1st round fight I posted about. Stood up from either side mount or north/south, head kick and he's sleeping. The rematch, which also was a 1st round loss for him, ended with a diving left jab KO.

EDIT: After the two 1st round wins, I'm up against Mac Danzig next. Wish me luck.

EDIT: GOD DAMNIT~! Choked out in the 2nd round. I swear to god you NEED to buy a turbo controller for this, I was mashing faster than Jesus could for fuck sakes.