UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

(Note that I'm playing on expert always)

I'm 2-2 in my career. Lost my first fight after Dana's speech by KO. Came back and won my next fight by unanimous decision, but lost in my next fight by decision (didn't catch what the scores were as my girlfriend distracted me). Next fight, won by KO in the 2nd round for my first KO victory. Felt pretty damn good.

EDIT: Just nabbed an interview for a profile on UFC.com, cool. :D

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

What style are you Closed? and what are some the areas where you spent your points? I'm really beginning to regret trying to mix it with with BJJ fighters, I can't even get out of clinch at my level, let reverse anything. I haven't sucked this much since I first tried to fight Liddell on the Demo, lol.

What style are you Closed? and what are some the areas where you spent your points? I'm really beginning to regret trying to mix it with with BJJ fighters, I can't even get out of clinch at my level, let reverse anything. I haven't sucked this much since I first tried to fight Liddell on the Demo, lol.

I'm Kickboxing/Judo, and its kind of hard to explain what areas I've put stats up in (unless I wrote out my stats), besides saying that I upgrade depending on who I'm facing, and what I expect them to try on me. Right now for instance, I'm set to rematch a guy that choked me out and gave me my 2nd loss. In that fight, he was getting brutalized and got me in a lucky choke and voila. So, since then, I've bumped up my submission defense greatly. Honestly I think it's my highest stat. I'm fine anywhere else but in a submission it seems, even though I nearly break my controller button mashing, and rolling the joystick has NEVER worked for me. It is the right joystick you roll, right?

Ugh, advice to anyone who plays online, take it to the ground, as people I've played just appear to just be spazzing out and button mashing, making it really annoying to do any stand up. Take them down and they have no idea how to defend themselves though.

Something that is cool, it keeps track of how you fight and gives you 3 tendencies of yourself and your opponent at the match up screen.

Edited by Max and Zan

Let us know how things roll.

Just checked out Metacritic, rocking out an 88% after 7 reviews. Good enough for me. Now, whether to order off Amazon or just go pick it up on Friday?

I've been debating that myself, whether to pre-order or just pick it up Friday. I'll probably just get it Friday at Asda.

Any idea of the cheapest places to get the game? I'm guessing it's 40 quid everywhere but wasn't sure if anywhere had it on a special offer or anything.

I'm gutted you guys have it and we don't yet, I don't think I've cared for a game like this in years upon years, really anxious to get it. Also, the career mode sounds awesome from what's been posted on here. I'd of been happy with a straight forward career mode of just fighting, but some of the thrown in extras sound great. Hurry up Friday, three days until Rampage is unleashed on everybody :w00t:

I've actually had people getting angry at me over UFC. Firstly, because we aren't doing midnight launch. Ridiculous really, when you consider that it's a niche game, we didn't even do a midnight launch for the far-more-deserving- Resi 5, and the last midnight launch (for Gears 2) was a colossal failure, didn't even make back what we had to pay for security. Secondly, believing I'm lying when I say we haven't had our delivery in yet. Finally, perhaps the stupidest thing, that I won't sell said undelivered copies before Friday, nor that I do not know and would not tell of anywhere that would break the street date.

I was fucked off enough that we didn't get the delivery in today, but these clowns just made it worse.

Just took out a better part of the 185 with Anderson in a series of exhibitions. On beginner, so nothing impressive. Really just trying to make the controls feel as natural as possible.

First fight I just mangled Leites. I'm guessing knee whips with Anderson on beginner is like kneeing a baby in the face then stealing it's candy, but it's still awesome to watch him open up gashes all over the face of Thales and KO him within the first round.

I'm off to up the difficulty and try to rout Heavyweight with Brocky.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy