UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Jason "Headhunter" Maddox (which fits rather well considering all of my victories come from a hard kick to the head)
Welterweight

14-6-0

WINS
14 TKO's (13 KO, 1 TKO if I recall correctly)
0 Submission
0 Decision

LOSSES
4 TKO's
2 Submission
0 Decision

Ranking: 9

ATTRIBUTES
Strength: 81
Speed: 41
Cardio: 55

STRIKING: Kickboxing Lvl 2
GRAPPLING: Wrestling Lvl 2

Next Opponent: Marcus Davis

Long ass day of playing this... and probably a hell of a lot more after work tonight.

I'll submit you like I did Maxx. :D

Also, I am doing a lightweight career (on experienced, I think. Whatever the one above beginner is. I didn't want an easy career and didn't want it too difficult on my first try) I won my 2 round exhibition fight 20-17 across the board. I lost my debut on an actual card, though, but came back and won my next 5 (I missed out on the 6 straight win trophy. :( ). Easily my best fight was against Spencer Fisher (the first name fighter I fought). It was great to hear Mike and Joe talk about how Spencer was a big Ric Flair fan and they did the WOOOOOOO. Even though they said this a few times on TV, it was awesome to hear in the game. Didn't expect that at all. Anyways, it was very back and forth and yet still didn't win fight of the night even if the crowd was on their feet and Goldberg was all "can you say fight of the night?!" :@ I did win the knockout of the night trophy in a previous fight though.

So after beating Fisher I got the chance for my first headline fight against Joe Lauzon. He made me tap out in quick order. It was embarrassing. :( Dana White after being all impressed with each fight was really disappointed after this one.

So after four hours of play, I went 6-2. Fun times.

I had the choice of a scrub to get an easy win, a rematch with Spencer Fisher, or a headline fight with Rich Clementi. I took this. We'll see how I do against him and move back up to the top 15 in the weight class.

Man, reading all this has me bummed that I firstly need to wait till May 22 for Undisputed to come out in Europe, plus having to wait till June to get the game because I have no money at the moment. :(

IGN gave this a 7.1 rating. Fuck them. Anyway, I did agree with one of the paragraphs, even if I haven't got the full game yet...

Lastly, flash knockouts happen way too often. I understand that if you get caught with a punch at just the right angle when your weight is coming forward into the strike in the real UFC, you're going down, but you'll be knocking out guys left and right in Undisputed. You'll see plenty of direct strikes to the head during a typical match, but all of a sudden – without rhyme or reason – one will knock you or the other guy out. Sometimes it's in the first round, sometimes it's before you're bloodied, but after a handful of hours with UFC 2009 you'll see more flash knockouts than in any Pay-Per-View event of equal length.

I noticed this a LOT in the demo. And I presume others were experiencing this too, hence how difficult it was to get to the scorecards.

Well, I feel a little better after that.

But I've played the demo on a level up from the easiest one and there's still a lot of flash knockouts. I guess I do go hell for leather a bit too much but if you can go all out to knock another guy out in an instant, I don't see why people wouldn't use that strategy more than anything else.

Considering the career mode is the most important thing to me, I take it at the beginning of your career at least, scoring these flash knockouts yourself should be tough?

Agree about the flash knock outs, but I think Ap nailed it really, it's usually because people are going all out. I found when I stepped the difficulty up on the demo, they only really came after one of us were really worn down and caught off guard. They're obviously much easier when the oppositions stamina is low.

I'm still struggling to read through all of this, I'm possibly more jealous than I've ever been over the US getting a game earlier than Europe. Also just wondering, has anyone heard any news yet as to whether blood stoppage is in there? (I.E if someone bleeds or gets cut open so badly, the official stops the fight) I'm just wondering if there's any news on that now the full game is out. Also, groinal kicks in there and any illegal moves?

I ordered it off thehut around 3pm, I hope to god they dispatch it tommorow with it getting to me by friday. I need this game on release day damn it, it is annoying enough having to read all you guys playing it, without having to read the europeans playing it before me too!

I played career for like 8 hours last night. Fucking great times. I'm doing a Light Heavyweight career with a 5'9" guy. :D It's been a rocky road as I am at 10-6 after my last fight last night against Stephan Bonnar (our second meeting.) It was the headline fight on one of the UFNs and I lost. :(

Me 1-1 Stephan Bonnar :angry:

Okay, where is this cheapest in the UK? I may get it as it seems good and I would like a tactical fighting game.

play.com has it for £40, that's about the cheapest I could find. If you feel like waiting, I'm sure it'll be down a few pennies in a month or so.

In Game it's £39.99 which is a good deal compared to Play.com's £40 <_< You get two downloadable content fighters with a pre-order from Game so you might be able to pre-order and get it for Friday (mine was dispatched this morning so I'm hoping to get it tommorow)

Edited by MrSticks