UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Decided I'd go back and check over the entire tutorial and I'm so happy that I did. I just don't think I took enough notice the first time around. After watching all the tutorials over, I just had a few practise fights against Chuck really, just trying out some of the stuff I actually hadn't been using, such as the knees to the head when in the clinch. I also finally started using the body clinch where you can slam them to the canvas, lovely stuff. And despite me now understanding the submission system even more, it's still damn hard to get Chuck anywhere near submitting, although my focus lately has been to really work over the leg, get the take down and try the submission on the leg then, hasn't worked to date. I've really been practising on using the legs more for body shots and leg kicks though, the spinning back kick is beautiful and I managed to finish of Chuck with it in the third round (Well he collapsed and I followed up with the pounding on the ground). I still get frustrated at times when it seems that everything I throw, Chuck moves back on and throws the fucking lethal superman punch, great part of the game though and I feel they've really nailed Chuck down to a tee.

And good god, has anyone managed to do the powerbomb yet? I'm not sure if you can with either of these two, but they've got the inside look video up on Live and Rampage powerbombs the shit out of somebody, looks brutal and pure awesome.

"And good god, has anyone managed to do the powerbomb yet? I'm not sure if you can with either of these two, but they've got the inside look video up on Live and Rampage powerbombs the shit out of somebody, looks brutal and pure awesome. "

With Chuck Liddell i was ion Rua's guard, i picked him up and slammed him but not in the way Rampage does so it is possible...don't ask me how i did it because even i don't know that but just thought i would mention it's possible.

Edited by VincentJules

chuck's powerbomb (maybe more of a piledriver really) is when you sprawl when your opponent tries to take you down but you keep a hold on him, from there you use LB + minor transition movement to do chuck's powerbomb/piledriver

This. I was going to say it earlier but I couldn't figure out how to put the position you need to be in.

Hey lets have a review

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/210...undisputed-ps3/

In short, they like it, the main gripe is there isn't alot of bells and whistles too it, because the developers spent their time refining the engine and game play. So not really much of a complaint.

Does anyone know if THQ have a multi-game deal with the UFC? I'm just wondering if the 2009 moniker might mean it will become a yearly franchise...

THQ reps have already spoken in interviews about how they're already working on next year's installment.

Just pre-ordered my copy now, I'm really hoping that there's enough extra bits to the game to help it keep being entertaining. As much as I love the gameplay, there's only so many times I can bloody up a guy that it'll be interesting without extra incentive to do so. (In other words, I really hope I'll enjoy career mode)

And if not, I'll just trade it in with LOW to get myself a copy of Batman >_>

Friday for the UK, which really sucks.

I've pre-ordered it to be delivered to my work address so I can read the instruction manual in my lunch break. I wanted to take a half day, but two other members of my team already booked it off. Bastards.