UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Since I'm sick to bloody death of "I fought! I won/I lost! NEWSFLASH THEY'RE CHEAP MOTHERFUCKERS ONLINE AIN'T THEY!" here's some actual news via PastaPadre.

Patch In The Works For UFC 2009

May 26, 2009 by pastapadre Comments (3)

THQ is currently working on a patch for UFC 2009 Undisputed. Given the time it takes to create the patch and get through the certification process we are looking at probably over two weeks and most likely a month or so away. The patch will address the online problem with no result being recorded when people quit and also will work to eliminate some of the lag that has been experienced.

No word yet on what else, if anything, would be included in the patch. Hopefully some of the minor grievances with career mode will be fixed up as well. Given the apparent success and popularity of the title it was inevitable that it would be patched, though how significant and effective it will be remains in question.

EDIT: DOUBLE POST.

Yeah! 5 wins! The last of which was a submission win as Rampage over a CAF in 1.20 of round 1.

Now taking my 88 Ovr Kurt Angle online vs Rashad.... ok fuck that. He uses his one handed clinch thing, I don't fucking know how to get out of that :angry: Aside from those gay clinch's, I'd personally say I was winning the standing game.

One of the main things about career I don't like is the background music. They have the proper music on the other menu's, but you're gonna be spending a lot of if not most of your time in career mode, so instead they had that stock music and random interviews/commentary segments. If they were gonna do that, they may as well have had that all the way through the game.

Edited by TheModernWay

I read a post on Gamefaqs stating a June 12th or so release for the patch. It's not quite a month away so that may or may not be the date. The post also said it will give a loss for the person who quit and a win for the person was quitted on.

17-1 :) I also gave my guy a haircut. I've been a fighting champion thus far, really enjoying defending the gold. I'll probably go up to the next difficulty for the next career, in which I plan on using a Goldberg CAF or possibly some kind of Scott Steiner, either way I'll be moving up to Heavyweight division.

So, what does everyone have a problem with? I myself can't work in the clinch very well, even when I have someone with good stats for it. I'm also not great at submission, or at least submission defence, but I think I'm starting to improve now.

BTW, Earlier I saw someone post a full on list of who they'd beaten and via what means, is there actually some way of accessing a list like that in the game, or did whoever do it just spend a stupid amount of time doing that? >_>

I suck, I've mastered striking, I can perfect distance and keep it going, but the second I'm in a takedown in my current career I fuck up, I'm going to make my second career more submission and ground and pound based, think I need to take that tutorial again.

17-1 :) I also gave my guy a haircut. I've been a fighting champion thus far, really enjoying defending the gold. I'll probably go up to the next difficulty for the next career, in which I plan on using a Goldberg CAF or possibly some kind of Scott Steiner, either way I'll be moving up to Heavyweight division.

So, what does everyone have a problem with? I myself can't work in the clinch very well, even when I have someone with good stats for it. I'm also not great at submission, or at least submission defence, but I think I'm starting to improve now.

BTW, Earlier I saw someone post a full on list of who they'd beaten and via what means, is there actually some way of accessing a list like that in the game, or did whoever do it just spend a stupid amount of time doing that? >_>

I just keep track for personal purposes... I like to be able to look back and see what kind of fighters I was doing what against... and it also helps me keep track of who I've fought, because I would like to fight the widest variety of guys possible.

When your career is over though, you can check on your stats, and it will list every fight you've had, who won, how, and at what time. You just open career mode, go to "Retired Fighters" and it's all in there.

This can fuck right off. Had a good fight where I kept getting taken down, but after practising my ground skills, I reversed out of bad positions a few times. Was slightly annoyed to try four submissions in the fight and lock none in (still never done one), then lose via submission the first time my opponent tries on on me, but thems the breaks and it was a bloody good fight.

However, if I have ONE more sparring session where I get taken down and my partner reverses every single transition attempt I try, leaving us rolling around for two minutes, wasting my time and leaving me with jackshit points, the game is going out of a fucking window.

I'm finding the special camps hard too. So far, I'm finding this a 7/10 game, but one that should be a 9. Though I probably will rate it higher if I get more used to some aspects of it, and if I didn't HAVE A FUCKING REVERSE MACHINE JACKASS for a sparring partner, and if I didn't lose everytime I get taken down regardless of character, opponent or difficulty setting.

Edited by T'Angelo Barksdale

This can fuck right off. Had a good fight where I kept getting taken down, but after practising my ground skills, I reversed out of bad positions a few times. Was slightly annoyed to try four submissions in the fight and lock none in (still never done one), then lose via submission the first time my opponent tries on on me, but thems the breaks and it was a bloody good fight.

However, if I have ONE more sparring session where I get taken down and my partner reverses every single transition attempt I try, leaving us rolling around for two minutes, wasting my time and leaving me with jackshit points, the game is going out of a fucking window.

I'm finding the special camps hard too. So far, I'm finding this a 7/10 game, but one that should be a 9. Though I probably will rate it higher if I get more used to some aspects of it, and if I didn't HAVE A FUCKING REVERSE MACHINE JACKASS for a sparring partner, and if I didn't lose everytime I get taken down regardless of character, opponent or difficulty setting.

Ah, no matter how pissed off I may get with career mode, Forrest Griffin makes everything OK. Spinning Backfist K.O's > .

Man, My fights must be terrible as I've yet to get any "OF THE NIGHT" awards. I'm hoping it's just because I'm ending all my fights in at most two rounds and usually with ground and pound, but still.

Is it easier to get the awards on the higher difficulties? (seeing as fights probably go longer)

Nope, in my last career on expert I only got one KO of the night. It was my retirement fight against Frank Mir. I KOed him in the first round halfway through with a left hook. It ended up getting me both KO of the night and fight of the night to give me the "Dude, where's my bonus check?" achievement. But then again, it is very very very rare for a fight of mine to go past the first round.