UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I lost my try-out match in the Career mode... Is that bad? :shifty:

Not at all. I played my first career on beginner, then started a second one on the next level up, which I can't remember what it is... anyways, I lost my tryout fight, but then came back to win five in a row decisively, winning lots of KO of the Night awards, before losing for my second time when Josh Burkman submitted me.

It's all about how you play. If you load up your striking and end up getting submitted, then you need to work on your ground game. Or if you load up your offense and leave your defense low, and get KO'd, then you gotta work on your defense.

With the way the game is, and any fight being able to go any way, there's absolutely nothing wrong with losing. In fact, if you never lose, your fighter won't be very well rounded at all, come retirement... and you'll likely get schooled online.

Did anyone else (I'm sure all of you did and I'm just really slow) notice the excellent little feature of some of the mats advertising upcoming shows? When I bought it Friday I noticed ads for UFC98 and they've now changed to next months 99. Lovely stuff.

Not at all. I played my first career on beginner, then started a second one on the next level up, which I can't remember what it is... anyways, I lost my tryout fight, but then came back to win five in a row decisively, winning lots of KO of the Night awards, before losing for my second time when Josh Burkman submitted me.

It's all about how you play. If you load up your striking and end up getting submitted, then you need to work on your ground game. Or if you load up your offense and leave your defense low, and get KO'd, then you gotta work on your defense.

With the way the game is, and any fight being able to go any way, there's absolutely nothing wrong with losing. In fact, if you never lose, your fighter won't be very well rounded at all, come retirement... and you'll likely get schooled online.

...no. If you never lose you'll get more cred making your fighter better making ti less likely to get 'schooled' online.

My career on experienced was going so well, I was 6-0, then lost to a guy who kept taking me down over and over, before I eventually lost to the UFC 2009 Undisputed cheap CPU winTM of being taken down and KO'd with the guy on top of me.

Bounced back and TKO'd a Danish kick-boxer who's name escapes me. Am putting a lot of points in Takedown defence.

WTF that pisses me off (and yes I did check my trophy room).

Maybe your fights just aren't that great and they don't see you as worthy of HOF :P

God Matt Serra is annoying as fuck. Filled in for Diego to take him on and it was a battle from start to finish. I killed him on stand up so he kept trying to take me down like mad. I controlled him well on the ground but we must of spent at least a round and a half battling on the mat like crazy. Managed to beat him 29-28 on the scorecards, very lucky actually. Then along came Big Dick Josh Koscheck giving it the loud mouth saying he'll kill me on stand up. Turns out he takes me down and in the second round sneaks into the mount and refuses to let me reverse it, hate that guy.

I've finally managed to get pretty much the full hang of the ground game though and even when I'm down, I'm doing pretty well to stop anything major. One thing, how do you kick the guy away when he's in open guard? I want to pull my legs back and push him away so I can stand up, but it never seems to work any more, unless it's just my guys stats still.

...no. If you never lose you'll get more cred making your fighter better making ti less likely to get 'schooled' online.

Cred doesn't boost your stats. If you never lose, you don't know where your weaknesses as a player and character are, and you don't use your sparring points wisely, which leaves huge holes in your fighter's game that WILL be exposed online.

Cred doesn't boost your stats. If you never lose, you don't know where your weaknesses as a player and character are, and you don't use your sparring points wisely, which leaves huge holes in your fighter's game that WILL be exposed online.

Cred lets you go to camps which in turn give you boosts to your stats. It also factors in training upgrades, so really it does boost your stats.

Maybe your fights just aren't that great and they don't see you as worthy of HOF :P

Yea mutliple KO/Submission/Fight of the nights is really boring. Since when is complete and utter domination not HoF worthy. fucking game.

Also, the term"The Shine" comes straight from the developers themselves. Thats what they refered to the circular motion as when they release a youtube video talking about submissions.

Yea mutliple KO/Submission/Fight of the nights is really boring. Since when is complete and utter domination not HoF worthy. fucking game.

Also, the term"The Shine" comes straight from the developers themselves. Thats what they refered to the circular motion as when they release a youtube video talking about submissions.

Complete and utter domination bores me. I'd much rather have a career of actually being tested, losing at times and never dominating. I just find it boring when it becomes dominating and it isn't a challenge, maybe that's just me though. KO, FOTN and SOTN do not mean you deserve to go into the HOF though

If you never lose, you don't know where your weaknesses as a player and character are, and you don't use your sparring points wisely, which leaves huge holes in your fighter's game that WILL be exposed online.

You don't have to lose to realise what weaknesses your character or you as a player have. The best players will overcome them and still find a way to win. As for the character's weaknesses, you have stats to tell you which areas you suck at.

I'm 25ish fights into my Light Heavyweight career. Won the title from Rampage by hammerfist KO and then successfully defended it against Rashad Evans (2-0 vs. him). Then rather than face Rampage or Rua again I chose to face Wanderlai Silva, the only fighter in the top 12 or so that I haven't beaten and the guy knocks me out again, this time for the title. I just can't find a way to beat that guy.

Complete and utter domination bores me. I'd much rather have a career of actually being tested, losing at times and never dominating. I just find it boring when it becomes dominating and it isn't a challenge, maybe that's just me though. KO, FOTN and SOTN do not mean you deserve to go into the HOF though

There's not much I can do. I'm already playing on expert and I'm not going to lose on purpose. I've won by Tko, KO, submission, decision. I've had tons of cred, I want to know exactly what it takes to get into the hall of fame because its fucking ridiculous that neither of my two CAFs got in.

Got this today for my birthday. First match: Lesnar vs. Mir. I won.

Decided to dive into Career making Kurt Angle. But he does kinda look like a black fellow in terms of facial features, just with white skin. :shifty:

Lost my first 3 fights, then won five, lost won, and I'm about 3 up on my current streak. So around about 7-4 or something liek that and around rank 18 in LHW.

Went online for the first time against someone else debuting. I wanted to go Liddell but it said he was taken AFTER I chose him. the only other LHW i had experience with was Rampage, so I had to pick. Ended up losing in the 2nd by submission. But after the fight it came up "An error occurred during connection. The fight is invalid". So I haven't lost yet. I'll take it. ^_^

Got this today for my birthday. First match: Lesnar vs. Mir. I won.

Decided to dive into Career making Kurt Angle. But he does kinda look like a black fellow in terms of facial features, just with white skin. :shifty:

Lost my first 3 fights, then won five, lost won, and I'm about 3 up on my current streak. So around about 7-4 or something liek that and around rank 18 in LHW.

Went online for the first time against someone else debuting. I wanted to go Liddell but it said he was taken AFTER I chose him. the only other LHW i had experience with was Rampage, so I had to pick. Ended up losing in the 2nd by submission. But after the fight it came up "An error occurred during connection. The fight is invalid". So I haven't lost yet. I'll take it. ^_^

I'm pretty sure it counts as long as it saves after the fight. Which leads people to give up right when you KO them or sub them.

ROTFL, After two straight losses, I had started to climb back up the Middleweight ranks in Career and I fought former Middleweight Champion Yushin Okami (Bisping beat him for the title a while back) and I hit him with a few bodykicks and he takes me down and in something that shocked me, I make him tap to a Guillotine Choke after 1:13 in the first round, Fucking awesome.

Does this mean Buffer will stop calling me a Boxer next time I get introduced? (That was a joke, I know it has to with if you stand up is a higher level than your grappling.)

What's it mean when Buffer calls my guy a "kickboxer and brazilian jiu jitsu fighter"? That he's high in both?