UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Finally got the "That was easy" achievement with Lesnar against Heath Herring, He kept getting knocked down and by the time he got up the time had gone over the 20 second mark, He wasn't rocked either, So I couldn't TKO him, But finally he got rocked and I could get the TKO win right on the button (20 seconds flat)

So, what are people pressing to A) Stop the opponent taking you down and B) Wriggle out of a half mount on the ground. Whichever way I move the right analog (am I supposed to be pushing it in?) nothing is working which means if I'm taken down I lose every time unless he gives me a reprieve by trying a submission. Help please...sucking arse/not grasping the ground controls is making me dislike it. :(

Pushing the button in is how you go for submissions if you're on the offense, and if you're defending, it counters a punch into a submission, if timed right.

Depending on your position, you have a few options for transitioning on the defense, and it shows you in the action menu whats available to you. Typically it's moving the stick up and then rotating left or right, but for major transitions, the angle is larger. It takes a while to grasp, but if your ground defense stats suck, you'll likely be blocked most of the time anyway.

Finally got the "That was easy" achievement with Lesnar against Heath Herring, He kept getting knocked down and by the time he got up the time had gone over the 20 second mark, He wasn't rocked either, So I couldn't TKO him, But finally he got rocked and I could get the TKO win right on the button (20 seconds flat)

How is this even possible? I would think that my CAF with a Strength of 94 and a Striking Ability of 81 would have a decent chance but no, nothing, nadda, I am not even close. Even Rampage Jackson gets nowhere near 20 seconds either.

Edited by SRN O)))

despite getting rocked in the 1st had more dominate positions, got several takedowns and controlled on the floor. I wanted Serra to win as well :(

How is this even possible? I would think that my CAF with a Strength of 94 and a Striking Ability of 81 would have a decent chance but no, nothing, nadda, I am not even close. Even Rampage Jackson gets nowhere near 20 seconds either.

I did it with Stephan Bonnar against Chuck Liddell. I just ran at him, big right hand and he was out after 4 seconds!

Getting annoyed with how often I end up on my back and then KO'd by my opponent just sitting on top and punching me over and over in the face. It seems so cheap.

Still, liking this though, I just have to hope the match doesn't go to the ground or I always lose to the above method.

It appears I haven't been rotating the R analog to prevent being taken down. Does doing this have a good success rate then? I've been pushing the R away from the opponent to block it. I thought that was what the tutorial said. >_>

I have more success with the button mashing than rotating the R in that situation. It really depends on how far away he is when trying to take you down. As soon as he's struggling with you, mash the buttons as fast as possible and you should stuff it. I think rotating the R gives you more of a chance at getting a better position (I.E on the ground with the chance of the guillotine).

Just had my best fight to date online. 4-1 with Sanchez and I take on Hughes, who is the only guy to defeat me at this weight. He was pretty damn awesome (level 22) and was damn good at his ground game, never even got close to mount but I managed to completely stop him from doing anything when he got me down, great rounds of wrestling. Went into the third round and he must have been a point clear on the score cards after winning round 2. One minute fury left and we're both tanked and he attempts the submission. I must have been struggling and tapping for a good forty seconds until somehow reversing it. I went straight for the kamura and struggled right until there was twenty seconds left, before he finally tapped out. Almost killed me tapping like that, but one heck of a fight and he was deserving of the win, but Diego stands tall.

Two things

1) What the fuck does it take to get into the god damn hall of game. In my two CAF careers (on expert) I've gone 30-4 and 31-3 but in neither of them did I get into the HoF. Both games I won the title then defended 18 times in a row (including my retirement fight). In my second career I had over 90k cred easy.

2) The people who have like 94+ CAF's must be doing on the easiest modes cause I fucking whooped ass in sparring sessions with both of my guys and one is an 87 and the other is an 89 (again on expert).

So basically just win alot of KO Of The Night, Fight Of The Night, Submission Of The Night and whore up your CAF with sponsor logos? And kale, expert?! I can just play in advanced, but holy shit.

I played the hell out of the demo and so I got pretty good at the game.