UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I can't beat the big guns in my career. I'm a Kickboxer and have got lethal kicks, but my guy scuks everywhere else, I'm ploughing points into clinch and ground stats now, but to no avail. I currently stand at 15-8 after getting murdered by Forrest Griffin, it was a joke, he had me on the floor for almost the entire 1st round, mounting me for over a minute in toatal and when I finally escape, with 10 left in the round, BOOM, head kick I'm KO'd. I've also lost to Chuck and twice to Tito. I'm back against facing Irvin now, again. :(

I need 4-8-16 people with this on PS3 and willingness to go online. If so, I will start up a league, too.(8 is nice, cause then basically everyone will get a decent guy and this is my expectation. 16 is best but a bit excessive, 4 is a little too low. Maybe we'll hold a mini-tournament through PMs or something if there's 4. <_<)

EDIT: There were 4 in the original thread. Maybe 4-8-12 more would be cool. :)

Definitely in this :w00t:

Same here provided it gets goin.

Count me in too. We should agree on a weight and all have created fighters. :)

I don't think that'll work. My guy's like 50 overall and two of the people haven't even got the game yet.

But yeah, we'll make it UFC + Created. I'll start the thread now cause I think we've got 7.

Edited by Mr Evil Guy

My Light Heavyweight CAF in Career Mode has Boxing / Judo and I've found it works incredibly well. I'm reversing left and right on the ground and getting brutal KO's and TKO's. But as mentioned before I still find it really tough to counter submissions, even though I just countered two Kimuras from Rua, knocked him out and won the Light Heavyweight title. Too bad my retirement is coming up soon though. :(

EDIT: Won the title one fight before my retirment fight. <_< Go me. <_<

Edited by SRN O)))

Just button mash submissions and you should be fine. Make sure you don't blow your load on head kicks or something and you have enough stamina, because if you head kick/superman punch him like 12 times and he takes you down you'll probably be subbed and be able to do nothing about it.

I've found on career that as soon as you move up to guys ranked inside the top ten there is a MASSIVE step up in class. I was on a six-match winning streak at 9-2, and then got massacred by Fitch (tapped to an armbar) and Swick. Went back to some Fight Night fights and monstered Parisyan and Sanchez before getting KOed by a sick knee from Arroyo.

I'm fucking horrible on the ground though and they've completely exploited that. I think the rest of my fights have been knockouts from kicks to the head, so I think I know what I have to work on. :P

Overall, it's a pretty awesome game.

Am I the only finding that sometimes it is nigh impossible to get any points in sparring mode? I know your partner model themselves after who you are going to favce but sometimes its just insane the way they block everything you do and just annihilates you.

I think the lowest I've got in sparring is 14 points. My sparring partner has been upgraded recently though and I've got 50-55 points the last couple of times I've done it. Land loads of strikes, get in some advantageous positions on the ground and perhaps try a submission and you should get a decent amount.

Well, at most times I get about 60-66 points but currently I am down to only about 14-30 points. And with how far I am with my fighter, that sort of points dont last long. I am not saying that sparring sessions should be a piece of cake, but come on. Guess the mentality is just hooray for game balance. <_<

Make sure you don't blow your load on head kicks or something and you have enough stamina, because if you head kick/superman punch him like 12 times and he takes you down you'll probably be subbed and be able to do nothing about it.

This is my biggest problem I think. I feel pressured into going for the power punches/kicks when the opponent is constantly rocking me with punches and kicks of his own. By the time he gets me on the ground, my stamina is low and he just exploits that to get the easy victory.

I guess I just need to be a little more conservative. My problem comes when I try this when it gets late in round two or the beginning of round 3, when my fighter's stamina is diminishing quite rapidly by then anyway. Because I can't seem to stop my opponent getting into full mount/locking a submission once he gets me on the ground, it's normally over at that point.

One day soon I'm going to need one of you guys on MSN to give me a straight talking run-down of what to press in certain situations. A volunteer would be nice. >_>

There's some guys on here who seem to be winning fights no problem (granted, they're bigger fans of the sport than me) and grasping the ground game a lot easier and quicker than I can.

Edited by Baddar D

The only fights I've had that has gone to decision was when I played Anderson Silva against a CPU controlled Thales Leites. Otherwise, there has been none. Well, except for those Classic Fights that strictly tell you to go the distance but I dont think they really count. <_<