UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

So everytime LL or I go for a submission the match instantly disconnects.

lol, 360.

In all seriousness, what's the views so far on the online? I hope this problem you two are having isn't too common. Has anyone experienced any unplayable lag up to now?

And if someone quits mid fight or as you're about to win, do you get the victory...or is it one of those things where if they disconnect a certain way, they'll get away with it and not have their precious record tarnished? :angry:

I'll try online at some point next week once I think I'm good enough.

The online is great... if you find someone that doesn't quit on you. You can have some pretty fantastic back and forth fights or you'll end up either dominating someone or getting dominated yourself. The skill level varies pretty nicely but you'll still have those that spam moves and disconnect and do every other cheap way of getting around taking a loss.

Also, if someone disconnects on you, you don't get the win. In fact you get a "Did Not Finish" on your record. Which makes it look like you quit on someone.

Rightio, firstly what the bejesus is 'the Shine?'

And second, has anyone tried the wrestling training camp in career? I'm sure I'll nail it eventually but since nearly every task is related to getting someone in a certain position I've had attempts where I've got absolutely nothing out of it. Brock Lesnar just seemed to be shaking his head at me...

CAF in Career Mode advancing nicely; just knocked out Chuck Liddell and earned Knockout Of The Night award. So far I've only had one loss to Jame Irvin, otherwise I've just ploughed through the Light Heavyweight division. Mind you, its "only" on Experienced but still its pretty awesome. Career Mode is generally really really cool.

Yeah, the matchmaking engine isn't very well-rounded. In my game there are currently constant rematches between Nogueira and Mir for the Heavyweight title. It seems to happen at almost every second event.

Everytime I end up on the ground, I lose. Always. Always ends with my guiy flat on his back getting his face pounded in. As such I never go to the ground and always fight to win via KO, nearly always with a kick to the head, which is getting a little dull. Still, when I have more time I'll do the tutorial and maybe play on an easier setting with the purpose of practicing takedowns and the mat game.

So everytime LL or I go for a submission the match instantly disconnects.

lol, 360.

In all seriousness, what's the views so far on the online? I hope this problem you two are having isn't too common. Has anyone experienced any unplayable lag up to now?

And if someone quits mid fight or as you're about to win, do you get the victory...or is it one of those things where if they disconnect a certain way, they'll get away with it and not have their precious record tarnished? :angry:

I'll try online at some point next week once I think I'm good enough.

Online is actually pretty damn good. I had my doubts at first with a few connections problems when trying to find a match, but I checked into the settings and stuff and since then it's all been fine. I've not had anybody quit on me yet and I've only had two out of about fifteen fights that have been shit through people spamming moves and stuff. All in all it actually seems like a great online system to me. I've had a couple of fights with lag, but it's really not bad lag at all (if you compare it to some of the lag on a game like Smackdown). I actually really like the idea of once you get to a high rated level, you have to face high rated players (or so it seems). That's a much more competetion style system rather than new guys getting trounced on by hugely ranked players. So far I'm 9-2 (I think). I take it you've got it on PS3? (N)

Rightio, firstly what the bejesus is 'the Shine?'

And second, has anyone tried the wrestling training camp in career? I'm sure I'll nail it eventually but since nearly every task is related to getting someone in a certain position I've had attempts where I've got absolutely nothing out of it. Brock Lesnar just seemed to be shaking his head at me...

I've had that same problem. Actually, I don't remember recieving anything when doing these. Do you have to complete every task to get a reward? I struggle to finish the five minute round with less than two tasks left, even after reading the instructions and everything, some things just seem to refuse to work at times and it keeps making me think I'm doing it wrong (which maybe I am).

Anyway, Parisyan is a pussy. Had a fight with him in career and destroyed him with the TKO, then after the fight he rages on how the referee stopped it too early. I sense and hope for a rematch in the future. Haven't lost since losing against Burkman, who I'm still out to get revenge on. I'm something like 10-1 now and just defeated Swick. They offered me Diego, GSP or an unnamed guy for the next fight, so I chose the unknown person, because I'm just not ready for GSP or Diego yet and think I'll get killed. I'm up for the challenge, but I'll take the risk of a mystery person (which I'll probably regret) this time around.

Just finished my first career... ended up with an overall of 82. How is it that some people are maxing out their guys? Are they just not taking any fights, and just sparring the whole time?

Here's my fight history:

01. defeated Sato Matsui by Unanimous Decision in a tryout match.

02. defeated Derrick Mitchell by Knockout (Clinch Knee) in Round 2.

03. defeated Matt Williams by Knockout (from Mount) in Round 2.

04. defeated Karl Thomas by Unanimous Decision.

05. defeated Stephan Bonnar by Knockout (Righ Hand) in Round 2.

06. defeated Mauricio Rua by TKO (Ground and Pound) in Round 2.

07. lost to Tito Ortiz by Knockout (Right Hand) in Round 1.

08. defeated Kazuhiro Nakamura by TKO (Ground and Pound) in Round 1.

09. defeated Houston Alexander by Knockout (Clinch Knee) in Round 1.

10. defeated Wanderlei Silva by Knockout (from Mount) in Round 2.

11. defeated Chuck Liddell by Knockout (Right Hand) in Round 1.

12. defeated Wilson Gouveia by TKO (Ground and Pound) in Round 3.

13. lost to Quinton Jackson by TKO (Ground and Pound) in Round 2.

14. defeated Forrest Griffin by Knockout (Right Hand) in Round 2.

15. lost to Rashad Evans by Knockout (Right Hand) in Round 2.

16. lost to Quinton Jackson (2) by Knockout (Right Hand) in Round 2.

17. defeated James Irvin by Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round 2.

18. defeated Thiago Silva by Knockout (Head Kick) in Round 2.

19. defeated Chuck Liddell (2) by Knockout (Flying Knee) in Round 3.

20. defeated Rashad Evans (2) by Submission (Guillotine Choke) in Round 3.

21. defeated Quinton Jackson (3) by Knockout (Head Kick) in Round 1.

22. defeated Lyoto Machida by Knockout (from Mount) in Round 3.

23. defeated Thiago Silva (2) by Submission (Armbar) in Round 3.

24. lost to Rashad Evans (3) by Knockout (Left Hand) in Round 1.

25. defeated Keith Jardine by Submission (Kimura) in Round 1.

26. defeated Chuck Liddell (3) by Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round 2.

27. defeated Rashad Evans (4) by Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round 1 to win the Light Heavyweight Championship.

28. defeated Tito Ortiz (2) by Submission (Kneebar) in Round 2.

29. defeated Thiago Silva (3) by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 2.

30. defeated Lyoto Machida (2) by Knockout (Head Kick) in Round 3.

31. defeated Forrest Griffin (2) by TKO (Ground and Pound) in Round 3.

32. lost to Quinton Jackson (4) by Knockout (Right Hand) in Round 1 to lost the title.

33. defeated Chuck Liddell (4) by Knockout (Head Kick) in Round 3 in Retirement Fight.

After having gone through career once... I'm still excited about the game, and it's awesome, but I would like to see a more natural feel to next year's game.

One thing i've noticied whats with the facing someone more than 3 times on some occassions? Don't really see that in UFC or MMA