UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

How does everyone usually spend their weeks preparing for the fight? I'm curious as to how I can manage my time better. Also, you can actually train in your training camp? I thought it just made your sparring partner try different things during your sessions?

ROTFL, After two straight losses, I had started to climb back up the Middleweight ranks in Career and I fought former Middleweight Champion Yushin Okami (Bisping beat him for the title a while back) and I hit him with a few bodykicks and he takes me down and in something that shocked me, I make him tap to a Guillotine Choke after 1:13 in the first round, Fucking awesome.

Does this mean Buffer will stop calling me a Boxer next time I get introduced? (That was a joke, I know it has to with if you stand up is a higher level than your grappling.)

What's it mean when Buffer calls my guy a "kickboxer and brazilian jiu jitsu fighter"? That he's high in both?

Yeah, Buffer has started to call my guy a "Wrestler and a Boxer"

Sparring gives you points to increase your stats. Training only increases strength, cardio, and speed. I messed up at the beginning and did more training than sparring, so I had to catch up later on.

How does everyone usually spend their weeks preparing for the fight? I'm curious as to how I can manage my time better. Also, you can actually train in your training camp? I thought it just made your sparring partner try different things during your sessions?

This. Any help with this would be good.

I know its a legitimate tactic, and probably shows that the person I'm fighting has more 'skill' than I do, but it annoys me that several of my losses online have come to people who I easily took down, easily caught with strikes, transitioned easily, but they just waited and countered the odd punch into a submission, which I seem to suck at escaping. It just seems a fairly cheap way of playing the game, but meh, what can you do.

Still, I think I'm 8-5, after a 0-2 start, so not too bad.

The best one I had was when I was Griffin against someone elses Rampage, and he spent the first half of the fight running away, and then running in with a big right hand all the time, though I probably won the round as, naturally, when I took him down he was shit. Then, as the second round started, he began his running tactic again, only to run straight into a spinning backfist, KO in the 2nd round.

How are people doing with the classic fights? I've done a few, but some are rock hard. The Silva/Henderson one kicked my arse last night, as I couldn't even take him down, let alone get him in the position for a rear naked choke.

My weeks leading upto a fight are usually the same.

Spar - Rest - Spar - Rest - Spar - Rest.

With 2 weeks remaining, I usually only rest, so I'm 100% for it.

Of course, my Lightweight Fighter is currently 29 - 0 - 0 with 29 KO's. I think its time to move up a difficulty <_<

My weeks leading upto a fight are usually the same.

Spar - Rest - Spar - Rest - Spar - Rest.

With 2 weeks remaining, I usually only rest, so I'm 100% for it.

Of course, my Lightweight Fighter is currently 29 - 0 - 0 with 29 KO's. I think its time to move up a difficulty <_<

Yeah, I do something like that. I rest the week before, or if I've been training hard, the two weeks before. The most important aspect is that your fighter goes in at 100%. Two weeks of resting before a fight is a little unrealistic, but its the way to go.

Playing against the computer on Advanced is extremely annoying. I'm now playing with Rampage Jackson against Wanderlei Silva and the only damn thing Silva does is grab me into the I think it's called clinch and then he just knees me a couple of times and it's pretty hard to get out. So this is the whole round so far: I attack, I try to prevent him from grabbing me, he still manages to grab me, hit hit hit, I get out, he grabs me again, I struggle....etc etc. Do something original computer!

Edit: FUCK YEAH! Second round I just went into ballistic mode and he couldn't grab me anymore. I rocked him once but he got up, then he rocked me but I fought back and knocked him the fuck out. Sit down boyo, good feeling :D

Edited by The Quasi Juice