Why should you play Prototype?

Top Ten Reasons.

Despite what the above trailer has to say on the matter, the number one reason to play Radical Entertainment's open world destroy-em-up, Prototype, is not "Deadly Shape-Shifting Action." No, the number one reason to play Prototype is because you can elbow drop a tank. More importantly, said action will cause the tank to explode. Sure, there are plenty of other cool things to do, like kicking people into tanks, throwing cars into helicopters or repeatedly power bombing soldiers off the sides of buildings, but come on: elbow dropping a tank.

You may disagree, but let us offer a counterargument: You. Can elbow drop. A tank.

hahahaha this game looks AMAZING.

I'm partial to the roll into grabbing an SUV into throwing it into a helicopter, myself.

I looove #3. The Patsy or whatever.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing a short trailer for this a while ago. And it looked just as awesome.

But fuck it, elbow dropping tanks? Throwing people into helicopters so hard that they explode (both the helicopters and the people)? I need this game. I NEED it!

So this is getting close to a release? This is one thing I miss about having a Game Informer subscription, it kept me in tune with what games were in development, and going to be released. This was one that looked good to me.

Edit - Great trailer. They made a game where you're a fucking bad ass who can power bomb people on building after building, run on water and up buildings, destroy a helicopter by throwing a human at it, take over somebody's identity, and shape shift into things from out of this world. We need more games like this.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Great trailer, any idea what the actual premise is?

I haven't checked, but the official website might have something about the premise. There's another trailer on there, at least.

Wow..the multiple powerbombs off the building are cool.but their not as cool as elbow dropping a tank

Am i the only one that thinks that this is looking a lot like the Sony superhero game just with something that issent electronic?

They’re not the same, although they are both sandbox games where you have superpowers. Infamous is more like a superhero game; there’s a karma system that is always in play. Your karma levels shape the world around you, how you look, and what powers you have. You basically choose to be a true hero or an antihero.

Prototype is simply a balls to the wall, over the top action game. It doesn’t matter what you do or who you kill.

Edited by abundant