Grand National

ONO

Even though I prefer the Gold Cup, there is always plenty to win at the National.

I'm stuck between three to be honest. Rambling Minister at 10-1 is up there, and McCoy has opted to ride Butler's Cabin again this year. It is at 9-1.

Depending on conditions Darkness could be a very, very good outside at 20-1. It runs well on good ground. If conditions go well tomorrow I might go for it. It is definitely worth an each way bet.

Edited by ONO

I've gone for Darkness and Butlers Cabin, I want AP McCoy to get a win so i'm hoping Butlers Cabin does it.

Good man. I decided this morning to go for those two myself.

The ground is good which is what Darkness is great at. He'll be fantastic on an each-way bet.

Edited by ONO

Had a sweepstake at work. And who did I draw?

Eurotrek.

"So injury-prone he could be dubbed the Ledley King of racing," says the BBC website.

So, no repeat of my success in last year's sweepstake then. <_<

How much does my friend get on £2.50 each way on Mon Mome at 100/1 then would you think? Horse racing odds aren't my speciality so I don't know how that works.

Fucking cunt. Some guy at his work had gone through some formula thing taking into account weight, age and all this stuff and come up 4 possible winners that fit his criteria, so my friend had put £2.50 each way on all of them; L'Ami, Southern Vic, Cornish Sett and... Mon Mome.

I had Fundamentalist and Musica Bella out of a sweepstakes at work. Would only have won £20 which wouldn't be worth it given the odds of 150/1 on Fundamentalist which went at the 21st hurdle, and 66/1 on Musica Bella.. which was French, and inevitably gave up half way.

Mam's sweepstake horse fell at the first hurdle, and my sister's like the 15th.

Oh yeah, to add misery the guy who told my mate to put the money on that horse seemed pretty confident himself. As he got about £8,000 return on it.

Gotta love a sport where we watch animals whipped, die and all for the sake of winning some men money and so people can turn up at the even and wear stupid hats.

How much does my friend get on £2.50 each way on Mon Mome at 100/1 then would you think? Horse racing odds aren't my speciality so I don't know how that works.

Fucking cunt. Some guy at his work had gone through some formula thing taking into account weight, age and all this stuff and come up 4 possible winners that fit his criteria, so my friend had put £2.50 each way on all of them; L'Ami, Southern Vic, Cornish Sett and... Mon Mome.

Yeah, someone said to me that if you took into account several trends, you could possibly have had Mon Mome as a selection, but fuck it, I don't understand how it works.

As for the top bit, its a little late, but fuck it, I'll show off. He gets £252.50 for the win part of his bet, and as the place was 1/4 the odds, he basically gets 25/1 for his other 2.50, meaning he gets £65, I believe.

If I'm wrong, it was admittedly off the top of my head, and most of the work in the bookies is done on computers/OTT machines/calculators >_>

As for my bets, backed 5 horses, came away with a best placed State Of Play in 4th, with the other four doing rubbish. Won just under half my money back, which is a victory as far as I'm concerned :shifty:

EDIT: Went to another site, and worked out that I was about £5 out, which probably has something to do with me messing up with the stakes. Close enough, but he will have won £312.50, not £317.50 (RE:EDIT I know no-one cares by now, but it is £317.50, the site just gave you your outright winnings)

In our shop, in 1000 odd bets on the race, only 6 backed the winner.

Edited by Liam Zbyszko