FIFA 09 - EWB Club (PS3)

AJ

Not much to talk about in the first two games but the third needs some expanding on.

I'm pleased with my own personal performance. Moreso with the assist for the headed goal we scored (think it was the first one?) and the throughball which led to another one of our goals moreso than either goal I scored. I felt much more involved with the attack than I had done the other two games.

Both teams played in red which was ridiculous but once we'd got used to it (probably easier for you guys playing with 1 player each than me attempting to play ANY :S) we played really well.

Have to say it was excellent finishing all round really and TCO scored a superb freekick with Ze Roberto.

I think we've found our best set-up. I'm surprised at how easy I found it to run the wings as ANY and get balls into the box to cause trouble.

Can't go without mentioning our top CB's too. Carlito and rvdwannabe. We let slip with the first goal but after that we played excellent defence.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

second game was an absolute shambles. I didn't get a single touch of the ball when we where in an attacking possition and I don't think I even got a touch of the ball in the opposition half. 3rd game much better was happy with my own performance as a few good passes from myself set up a few of the goals and we got the freekick thanks to me going for the run from their buggered up kick off. Well played by everyone last game, only slight qualm was Mike kept drifting onto my side of the pitch and scored atleast one from being on my side. No biggy though as he deserved his goals and played well. Looking forward to next week fellas.

Not much to talk about in the first two games but the third needs some expanding on.

I'm pleased with my own personal performance. Moreso with the assist for the headed goal we scored (think it was the first one?) and the throughball which led to another one of our goals moreso than either goal I scored. I felt much more involved with the attack than I had done the other two games.

Both teams played in red which was ridiculous but once we'd got used to it (probably easier for you guys playing with 1 player each than me attempting to play ANY :S) we played really well.

Have to say it was excellent finishing all round really and TCO scored a superb freekick with Ze Roberto.

I think we've found our best set-up. I'm surprised at how easy I found it to run the wings as ANY and get balls into the box to cause trouble.

Can't go without mentioning our top CB's too. Carlito and rvdwannabe. We let slip with the first goal but after that we played excellent defence.

That was my fault, sorry.

The kit clash was awful and i thought their player was one of ours and realised to late.

second game was an absolute shambles. I didn't get a single touch of the ball when we where in an attacking possition and I don't think I even got a touch of the ball in the opposition half. 3rd game much better was happy with my own performance as a few good passes from myself set up a few of the goals and we got the freekick thanks to me going for the run from their buggered up kick off. Well played by everyone last game, only slight qualm was Mike kept drifting onto my side of the pitch and scored atleast one from being on my side. No biggy though as he deserved his goals and played well. Looking forward to next week fellas.

Yeah but when I did go to your side we were doubling up on one of their CB's and thats how we scored the second goal, it kinda confuses the defenders. I didn't really think about if I was Right Striker or Left Striker, I just got in positions to score.

• Admin

The last game was definatley a vast improvement - AJ's right, our balance was a lot better. RVD & Carlito were sterling in defence, and when Mike moved up top it seemed to click a lot better. AJ was great on the wings, and me & TCO ran the midfield. Just a great performance all round really.

I was lame enough to check my ratings on all 3 games, and even in the 3-0 and 5-0, I was rated 8, which I thought was ludicrous, but I did feel like I made a fair few decent tackles, although I did make a couplke of rash mistakes which led to goals as well, so a bit of a mixed bag.

But if we have this kinda turn out most weeks, I'll happily play defence. Not the funnest by any means, but the one I am best at >_>

Not sure I'll be around to play tommorow night as I've got a cricket match for the Sunday team. 40 overs per side starting at 2. We probs won't finnish until after 7 and by the time where all finnished and headed home it'll be after 9 tbh. depends though how well I and the team play hopefully I can get a few runs and wickets.

Bad turn out tonight, only 3. We still played anyway and did fairly well, a draw and a win, that win may be by forfeit, but hey, a win is a win. I was personally pleased with my own performance and CarlitoJay did well to keep the clean sheets. Metalman was good considering he was fairly rusty. I'm hoping for a much better turn up next week.

Game 1

BARCELONA 0-0 BAYERN MUNICH (EWB) * Barcelona forfeited due to lack of players

Squad

ANY (Nalareg), Demichelis (CarlitoJay), Toni (andy141190)

Goals

-

Cards

-

MOTM: -

Game 2

MANCHESTER UTD 0-0 BAYERN MUNICH (EWB)

Squad

ANY (Nalareg), Demichelis (CarlitoJay), Toni (andy141190)

Goals

-

Cards

-

MOTM: Lahm (Nalareg)

Don't forget, 8pm, next Sunday, May 10th.