Deadpool fans.. rejoice!

apsham

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to see the secret post-credits sequence to really decide how excited I am for this, and who knows when that'll be since I will openly admit I have incredibly little interest in going out of my way to see the Wolverine movie. Hopefully it's good, because Deadpool deserves a good movie, but I remain skeptical.

I would have to see the secret post-credits sequence to really decide how excited I am for this, and who knows when that'll be since I will openly admit I have incredibly little interest in going out of my way to see the Wolverine movie. Hopefully it's good, because Deadpool deserves a good movie, but I remain skeptical.

Reynolds played a perfect Wade Wilson in the flick itself, it was more or less just what they did to him further in as Weapon XI when things went awry. As for the secret ending... it's good, to be honest, in the fact that it's a hell of a tease.

Hey, I mean, for starters, dude broke the 4th wall when he tells the viewer "sshh", which alone had me excited as hell over the fact that they kept him not only alive, but are bringing him back from the brink like that.

Reynolds likely wouldn't want to keep all the extra crap from Weapon XI too, so... we're likely going to see a pretty damn good Deadpool rise from all of that. For all we know they might not even follow up off the movie and instead go in their own direction with the new one.

Though, if they decide to give the role to anyone but Reynolds, or Reynolds backs out of doing the movie, I won't be seeing it at all because chances are the damn thing's going to butcher the character terribly. Reynolds being on-board basically seals the deal for me, I can't really see many others play Deadpool like he could.

What excites me the most about Reynolds is that beyond being great for the role, he is a real fan of the character. Here is another interview where he echoes the sentiments about staying faithful to the comics that he shares in the MTV interview.

Well, in terms of voice
But live action is different.

I've not yet heard him, I'll give it a listen later tonight (on my way out the door right now). Personally, the best voice for Deadpool I've heard yet was the one in Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Just seemed to be such a great fit for the character, I loved it.

What excites me the most about Reynolds is that beyond being great for the role, he is a real fan of the character. Here is another interview where he echoes the sentiments about staying faithful to the comics that he shares in the MTV interview.

Nicholas Cage is a huge fan of Ghost Rider :shifty:

Nicholas Cage is a huge fan of Ghost Rider :shifty:

Oh come on... Ghost Rider wasn't that bad. It should have been given the same approach as Blade, being a hard R rating and a bit darker than it was... but I thought they did a commendable job. It could have been better, but it could have been a lot worse.

Hopefully Deadpool gets put on the fast track. As long as Reynolds plays the character, you know he's going to make sure it's faithful to the source. Being in that position, as the name that the project rests it's shoulders on... you know he's going to be able to say "No... we're not making Typhoid Mary into a super bad guy... she's fine enough as it is, you just need to write it better." Just like Jackman with Wolverine. If he didn't like something enough, I'm sure it got changed.

Awesome. I love Ryan Reynolds and I'm not a big comic buff but I've enjoyed pretty much all the comic adaptation films I've seen so far, and with Deadpool apparently the wisecracking type of guy, this will be awesome. I think the films could end up eclipsing the comic's popularity since apparently Deadpool doesn't have that many fans anyway and it seems like the type of character that would be awesome on the big screen.

I think I just came.

Also, if Reynolds is on board, it's not too much to hope that the character will be closer to the comics than the one in Wolverine. He did say in an interview he wouldn't play Deadpool unless it was faithful, so... color me excited :w00t:

I think I just came.

Also, if Reynolds is on board, it's not too much to hope that the character will be closer to the comics than the one in Wolverine. He did say in an interview he wouldn't play Deadpool unless it was faithful, so... color me excited :w00t:

...did he not play Deadpool in Wolverine?

I think I just came.

...did he not play Deadpool in Wolverine?

I meant in a solo movie.

Here's his interview.

There's no reason I would ever do a Deadpool movie on a stand-alone basis if it wasn't wholly related to the source material and really as faithful as humanly possible.
Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Right, so, he's willing to completely lobotomize the character for a small cameo role paycheque, but if he gets more screentime, suddenly his moral compass will activate and his inner sainthood will come into effect.

Right, so, he's willing to completely lobotomize the character for a small cameo role paycheque, but if he gets more screentime, suddenly his moral compass will activate and his inner sainthood will come into effect.

Or maybe he felt like he had to play Deadpool in Wolverine so he could play Deadpool in a solo movie? From that interview, when he talks about the changes they made to the character, he didn't really look like he liked what they'd done, so... I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Or maybe he felt like he had to play Deadpool in Wolverine so he could play Deadpool in a solo movie? From that interview, when he talks about the changes they made to the character, he didn't really look like he liked what they'd done, so... I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This. A Deadpool movie wouldn't have been nearly as possible without him being a major character in Wolverine's movie to give him the proper exposure to the general audience. He even went on to say in his interview that he understands some changes have to be made because it's a Wolverine movie, but that if they were to go ahead and put together a movie based solely around the character, he feels like he'd need to be much more strict on sticking to the source.

If he was that way in the Wolverine movie there would have been a chance of Deadpool not even becoming a damn plot device. Remember, it was Wolverine's movie, there were characters thrown in on the fly and Wade Wilson could have easily been one of those characters, but they made him a bigger plot device to give him more exposure. For all we know, Deadpool's own solo franchise won't even follow the story from Wolverine anyway, and if it does, Reynolds would be making sure they get the character back to where he belongs, not stuck as "Super Mutant".