Erm .... help?

Well, friends, I've fallen a victim to the vicious three rings of death, and I have no idea what to do? I got it as a high school graduation gift in 2007, so I'm not sure if I'm covered by any warranty anymore. Does anybody know a way to fix this problem that won't cost me a bundle of money?

3 Red Rings (and for that matter the new fangled E74) is covered by a 3 year warranty so you need contact Microsoft. I assume from your Location that you are somewhere in North America, I believe the number is 1-800-MYXBOX. They'll send you out a box to put it in or you can get one yourself. I thin turnaround nowadays is something like 2 weeks.

I also have the same problem as described above, but my 360 Elite was purchased off of eBay, so I don't have a warranty. Any suggestions on what do to? I've seen all the youtube videos on how to fix it, but I wondered if there was a simpler method to fixing this very annoying problem?

I also have the same problem as described above, but my 360 Elite was purchased off of eBay, so I don't have a warranty. Any suggestions on what do to? I've seen all the youtube videos on how to fix it, but I wondered if there was a simpler method to fixing this very annoying problem?

Take it to some dodgy geezer on a market (it's probably safer if you just know a dodgy geezer), don't try and fix it yourself, you'll probably fuck up.

I believe Microsoft can also fix out of warranty ones but they charge you a silly amount for it.

Yeah, if you take it to someone to replace it or fix it, take out your hard-drive. My dad made the mistake of leaving it when he replaced mine because of it, at Best Buy, and they refused to give him the Hard-Drive after he had just handed it to them. Apparently they just recycle them because on my new one, there were some videos and some data on it, but I was interested in it since it was for games I didn't care for.