The Next Metal Gear?

New Damage

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

Didn't see this posted (on the first page at least).

Apparently there's gonna be an announcement tomorrow IIRC by Kojima. Let the speculation begin!

Can anyone else see things in the image?

Personally, I can see several characters/faces in the trees on the left.

There's a print ad that's slightly different too.

http://ps3.qj.net/Heavier-than-rain-Kojima...g/49/aid/131323

I think it was on Joystiq were several people posted things they found in the ad.

Edited by TheModernWay

I can sort of make out some faces... It's a little silly to post this now, but apparently something happen's to the website on the 18th (tomorrow).

I'm also fairly certain it's a new MGS game since apparently there's something about Metal Gear written in the coding or something?

Here's what I could find the flash presentation. Some are definately there, others are prob me clutching at straws.

82525542.jpg

The majority of them seem to be older Snake's, and I think I even see Solidus too.

Whereas with the print ad, someone pointed out:

EDIT: Fuck me, I keep finding more! If they are there, it's done really well because several faces are made up/merged into other faces. Shame that there doesn't seem to any other clues elsewhere.

Edited by TheModernWay

Either way, the way they've done this is great IMO. Yesterday it was empty with just the sound of the wind, now the storm is more intense and it's thundering an lightning. If with about an hour left of the clock the storm is like a tornado, that'll be immense.

I hope this is going to be a 360 port or that a 360 version is announced at E3. Then Hammy can complain that Konami sold Kojima out. :)

:angry:

Kojima has said repeatedly now that he's developing on the PS3 and ports to the 360 seem impossible.

"Because MGS4 was optimized for the PS3 it is probably not possible [on Xbox 360]," he explained to Eurogamer, citing media and technology differences."

Anyway if the awesomness of Snake was released onto XBox 360 every console would red ring immediately through lack of awesomeness-containing capacity. AND THAT'S SCIENCE!

I hope this is going to be a 360 port or that a 360 version is announced at E3. Then Hammy can complain that Konami sold Kojima out. :)

:angry:

Kojima has said repeatedly now that he's developing on the PS3 and ports to the 360 seem impossible.

"Because MGS4 was optimized for the PS3 it is probably not possible [on Xbox 360]," he explained to Eurogamer, citing media and technology differences."

Anyway if the awesomness of Snake was released onto XBox 360 every console would red ring immediately through lack of awesomeness-containing capacity. AND THAT'S SCIENCE!

Word, yo.

It's just hit 26 hours... Ugh, I've actually been waiting three days for this. :P

We haven't been teased the inevitable this well since SAVE_US.222 began :P.

And the time's up!

I went on it as there was 20 seconds left... and the countdown went... and then nothing happened.

I'm trying to refresh the browser but its not loading. I think the servers may have been flooded.

Ok it's up... 120 hours :@

Edited by TheModernWay

As expected, a new countdown began. Now E, 3, & e are showing up on the site.

Ok it's up... 120 hours :@

Which ends on the 26th (27th in Japan), and when this ends, a new countdown will begin. When that countdown ends, the final countdown begins, which ends on May 31st or June 1st.

Edited by abundant

And the 5 or perhaps, S?

I love how the storm is even more fierce now, and when it's loaded, the cloud has been the scale of the former presentation, then switched a level higher to what the current level is.

the E and 3 are obvious, but the 'e'?