Seriously? No talk of Public Enemies?

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWof6CovHxI

Being a fan of history and the Depression era being one of my favorite periods of American History, also being a Dillinger fan? Fuck yeah, is about all I can say. I don't think I've wanted to see a movie this much since I was a kid.

Also to avoid making two seperate threads, anyone seen the trailer for Moon with Sam Rockwell? Looks great as well.

I can't wait to see Public Enemies either. One reason is because I like Johnny Depp better when he's playing a real role instead of one that has fantasy of sorts involved. Plus, it was filmed in Wisconsin too. Oh and the fact that Michael Mann is directing it and he's great.

And yeah, Moon looks awesome; Sam Rockwell is one of my favorite actors going right now. And tt's actually directed by David Bowie's son.

Trailer for Moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIexG8179K8

Trailer for Inglorious Basterds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sQhTVz5IjQ

For those who don't know Inglorious Basterds is Tarantino's new movie, I only saw the trailer for this last night, looks fucking sick, definitely the three movies I want to see above anything else at this point. Oh damn!

Edited by Death Before Dishonor

Its one of my most anticipated movies, but I'm just trying to keep up with everything thats coming out. Can't think about movies coming out in a couple months when there's good stuff coming out now. It makes my brain hurt.

The only redeeming part of the movie is the fact that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is starting to get bigger roles.

Other than that, screw Public Enemies? You're joking right? There's no way GI Joe will be considered anything more than a Bay-esque movie.

The only redeeming part of the movie is the fact that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is starting to get bigger roles.

Other than that, screw Public Enemies? You're joking right? There's no way GI Joe will be considered anything more than a Bay-esque movie.

Lies! There will be no badmouthing of GI Joe anywhere in this vicinity :angry:

(that is, unless it comes out and is terrible, then by all means rip it to shreds.)

It's being directed by the guy behind the likes of The Mummy series and Van Helsing so I have my reservations about how good the plot will be in the movie. I'm not debating that it looks cool as fuck and I love GI Joe but I'm not holding my breath on it being anything other than a special effects movie that has no real substance to it, ala Michael Bay.

It's being directed by the guy behind the likes of The Mummy series and Van Helsing so I have my reservations about how good the plot will be in the movie. I'm not debating that it looks cool as fuck and I love GI Joe but I'm not holding my breath on it being anything other than a special effects movie that has no real substance to it, ala Michael Bay.

What does directing have to do with writing a script? >_>

And it's a fucking GI Joe movie, what are you REALLY expecting? >_>

Public Enemies looks like the shit, though. Mann's Heat is my favorite movie, and this definitely has the potential to rival it, on paper. That being sad, I really hate his obsession with digital and I hope the look doesn't distract too much here. Also, I heard some pretty terrible things about the script a while back (latino review, I believe?), but hopefully that was just an extremely early draft of the script/Mann's directing can save it/that's just a reporter getting revenge for some perceived wrong/any other hopeful excuse I can think of.

Public Enemies is going to be good. I'm abotu to finally devote some serious time to the script.

I'm an aspiring screenwriter. So I hope making movies is my career. I really have hip hops for this. flick.

Public Enemies is going to be good. I'm abotu to finally devote some serious time to the script.

I'm an aspiring screenwriter. So I hope making movies is my career. I really have hip hops for this. flick.

That sentance bodes REALLY well for your future as a screenwriter.