Kraftwerk

VerbalPuke

I remember a time a few years ago that I had been exposed to Kraftwerk and enjoyed what I had heard. Today I was reminded of them and decided to check some of their music out via youtube, and I'm really digging it. I've always enjoyed electronic music to a certain degree, not so much techno or house shit, but stuff like Kraftwerk, Suicide, The Screamers, or Digital Leather. Stuff that's more synth and keyboard oriented as opposed to pill popping shit.

Kraftwerk is an interesting group, one of those "ahead of their time" groups, and always remaining a cult classic, but also sometimes forgotten under the blanket of shitty stadium rockers of the 70s. I'm enjoying what I've heard from them thus far, sort of reintroducing myself to their space age sounding music.

What do you guys think of Kraftwerk? Do any of you like anything that is similar to Kraftwerk that might be worth checking out?

I´ll see them live at the Hurricane festivall this year and no matter what they might have don for the sceene... i am afraid that i will fall asleep since it´s very basic and they are on stage from 0:30 to 2:00. I´ed rather have seen something more modern that kicks more ass.. like Digitalism and the chemical brothers last year.

I went through something of an early Detroit techno phase recently and since Kraftwerk basically laid the groundwork for that scene, I ended up listening to a lot of their stuff as well. You might like Cybotron and Model 500 if you're into some of the futuristic themes and sounds of Kraftwerk.

Trans-Europe Express is an awesome song (and album).

Funny you mentioned that Detroit Techno thing cauc, the electronic music fest was this past weekend, which is a fairly big deal in Detroit. Basically, each year they do a weekend of electronic music downtown, which can be a good time if you don't mind being around some of the raver types. It was actually free at one point, but I think is only an eight dollar admission these days.

I only have "Autobahn" (a nine-minute version of the song) but I really love it. I remember hearing the full-length version of the song on the radio at like two in the morning and really enjoying its simplicity and ambiance.

Funny you mentioned that Detroit Techno thing cauc, the electronic music fest was this past weekend, which is a fairly big deal in Detroit. Basically, each year they do a weekend of electronic music downtown, which can be a good time if you don't mind being around some of the raver types. It was actually free at one point, but I think is only an eight dollar admission these days.

Yeah, we can usually hear it across the river.

I was tempted to go this year to see RJD2 and Flying Lotus, but the date just sort of slipped by. The raver types you mention are something of a deterrent as well.