The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

£56 million apparently, that's a world record.

But, just earlier today Kaka reportedly said that he was happy at Milan and he dismissed all of these rumours. It'd certainly signal the return of the Galacticos era, which is what Florentino Perez wants.

EDIT: And yeah, Barry actually got booed during a friendly last season whilst all the Liverpool speculation was going on, so now this has happened I can see him being booed at Villa Park. I already know a couple of Villa fans who've said they will :P

Edited by AdamDRFC

The fact the players, agents, managers and the media all feed us bullshit for months and months makes me wish we just doen away with the transfer window.

If every day we weren't told "I'd like to stay here," then the next day "I've signed for another team" by the same player it's all just pontless. May as well just do away with it and it'd hopefully help cut down on all this bullshit. Although with me wanting to be a journalist, I should love this sort of stuff ¬_¬

Seems the signing of Kaka is close.

Can't help thinking Madrid will regret it. He's a good player, world class maybe, but when faced with the option of who to buy, I'd rather go all out and get that Christiano Ronaldo fella. Hell, if they have the money to spend that is being suggested, they may get Ronaldo too.

Seems the signing of Kaka is close.

Can't help thinking Madrid will regret it. He's a good player, world class maybe, but when faced with the option of who to buy, I'd rather go all out and get that Christiano Ronaldo fella. Hell, if they have the money to spend that is being suggested, they may get Ronaldo too.

Apparently Perez wants a couple of 'marquee' signings like Kaka before going for Ronaldo, just in case he can't get him. Doesn't look like he's lost out if they've already got Kaka and Ribery or someone.

Source?

Even if they have, and AC Milan accept the bid, he won't go there. The lure of playing for Real is too strong. They'd probably far outdo us for the salary they're willing to offer him as well.

Also, be aware that Kaka will be priced in Euros, and the Pound has taken a big knock in its value against the Euro since last summer. Abramovich's money is presumably in Roubles or similar, which hasn't lost quite so much of its value in the exchange rate. Hence, the £ price tag will appear even more inflated than it already is...not that it still isn't stupid money, or anything.

Edited by stokeriño

SSN are reporting it, they are looking to offer "him 10 million in wages after tax" (Sky Sports News ticker).

It's breaking news on SSN right now.

I could see him moving to Chelsea, they have Ancellotti and are one of the elite in Europe. Something Madrid can't really lay claim to that anymore. It's worth 10mil+ a year after tax too, apparently.