The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

SECOND EDIT: Got it Kraigy.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11695_5356110,00.html

For anyone whose remotely interested, or not. Or skeptical. Or whatever.

It was literally announced live on Sky Sports News when I posted it. You heard it here second folks! (¬_¬)

And oil..lots and lots of oil

The Bangladesh Government actually sends out pamphlets encouraging us to go to the middle east and start digging for oil!.

EDIT: Also I don't think Mancini joining Sunderland is that hard to believe. He's been trying to get into a variety of clubs for a decent while now and hasn't been taken in. Sunderland are playing in the Premiership with a big stadium and a 30 million transfer budget...it's certainly a good option, plus all the fans will be expecting him to do is fight off relegation

Edited by The Future

Ugh. I'm beginning to remember why I hate the transfer window:

Former AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti will be given £50m to spend on new players if he takes over at Chelsea.

(Full story: The Sun)

Chelsea captain John Terry has urged Blues owner Roman Abramovich to bankroll Ancelotti, if the Italian arrives at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Mirror)

Ancelotti could be given up to £100m by Abramovich to spend on new players. (Daily Star)

(Full story: Daily Star)

And captain Terry has urged the Italian to make Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery and Valencia forward David Villa his first signings as Chelsea manager.

(Full story: The Guardian)

Ancelotti's arrival may mean the Chelsea careers of Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou and Deco will come to an end.

(Full story: The Sun)

The 49-year-old coach is also lining up Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor and will pay £23m for the front-man.

(Full story: Daily Express)

Ancelotti will hope to bring AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo with him to Stamford Bridge.

(Full story: Daily Star)

The former Italian midfielder is also targeting Atletico Madrid's £50m-rated striker Sergio Aguero.

(Full story: Daily Express)

Ancelotti is keen to appoint Filippo Galli, who was his assistant at AC Milan, as his number two at Stamford Bridge.

(Full story: The Times)

However, Ancelotti's Chelsea move could be in doubt after Real Madrid declared their interest in the Italian.

(Full story: Independent)

Good grief.

Well, they did have the best manager Britain has probably seen at the time.

Bob Paisley never managed Aberdeen :)

Paisley isn't even the best Scottish manager of all time. ;)

Not surprising given that he was English.

So well done.

I got him and Shankley mixed up. :(

386410abusinessman-sitting-in-corner-with-dunce-hat-posters1.jpg

Shankly*

:P

I think Ancelotti is a decent choice for Chelsea, although I think he'll need to start bringing down the average age of the squad, and I'm not sure if Abramovich is as committed to spending as much money as he was under Mourinho.

We have signed elrio van heerden on a free. No idea about this guy but heard he is rapid and if there is one thing we need in our team its pace as we have not had it since Duff. As for Barry, what happened to wanting to leave for champions league football?

Champions league football is code for "more money". Besides it can't be long before City have CL football.

Edit: I thought Barry signed a 5 year contract not long before the Liverpool interest?

Edited by --Matt--

To be fair, it's not as if Villa looked like a force after February. They've pretty much collapsed, and barring the win over Newcastle >_< they completely collapsed, going from competing for 4th place to finishing 6th.

Villa just can't survive a whole season of fast paced football... and it's messing up any chances they have of CL football.

City are inconsistent... but at the same time have the excitement factor of "whomg what's gonna happen" next year could make or break them... and whatever the outcome, Barry will have earned a fortune.

Plus, it's not REALLY as if Liverpool need another midfielder in the role of Barry, they came close to winning the league this year without him... and it's not like a 28 year old midfielder for £20m would be a great deal if they could buy a 23 year old for half that price with the potential to grow.