The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Tevez to Liverpool is looking more and more likely as days pass by

*goes to get noose*

If Steve Bruce takes over at Sunderland I think he'll bring in some players who aren't world renowned but still good..the man's bought in a lot of decent talent for Wigan and Birmingham from places like Honduras,Colombia etc. and I can see that trend continuing with Sunderland.

As for United I still think we should go out and get a quality goalkeeper soon. Foster's promising but seems to be a bit too injury prone and might end up like Chris Kirkland(talented but ridden with injuries which ultimately stopped him from becoming Englands Number One)

Jussi Jaaskelainen is now 34, the same age as Edwin Van Der Sar was when you signed him.

Keepers often play for a lot longer and often peak at later stages of their careers than outfield players, Jaaskelainen would be a fantastic signing for Man Utd IMO.

Edited by AdamDRFC

I see so much chat about foreign players, but I think manager should start looking towards domestic players considering the 6-5 rule comes into action in a couple of seasons, starting next season I'm pretty sure already with a 8-3 rule already or something along those lines.

I see so much chat about foreign players, but I think manager should start looking towards domestic players considering the 6-5 rule comes into action in a couple of seasons, starting next season I'm pretty sure already with a 8-3 rule already or something along those lines.

Screw the domestic players. It just means we need younger foreigners!!

Guest Ringmaster

We're going to be lucky this year, from the looks of things Real's going to be turning their attention to David Silva and Kaka this summer. Perez wants them in so he can add prestige to the team before getting Ronaldo next year!

I fully expect there to some endless battle for Ribery though. He's leaving this summer, probably because he's tired of carrying an entire team by himself, and I can see the major teams bidding for him because Bayern will want around 20-25 mil for him which is a steal, plus he could do a good job at pretty much any of the top four and in the major teams in Spain.

I, however, shall just sit back and wait for Man City to either:

1. Spend huge-ass amounts of money on mercenary superstars

2. Buy shit at extortionate prices.

Oh and if Owen had a brain he'd move to Italy where a decent team is still bound to want him. He could score goals there, mainly 'cause it's not rough at all and doesn't really need pace.

We really need to add strength to the squad, with most of the team complete, we only really need to get a quality winger or two and a decent 2nd choice striker. Silva fits the bill nicley for a winger, but with Madris interested, we're basically priced out of that one unless Rafa can pull of a bit of wheeling and dealing. We keep getting linked to Downing, who is decent enough, but I don;t really rate him as "Liverpool quality".

Barry would be a quality buy, but with O'Niel being his usual cuntish self, he'd probably still want over 10 million for him, which City are aparently willing to pay. Shame, because I really do rate Barry. Hopefully Alonso stays put, but if Madrid are willing to pay over 25 million, I'd take the money and run personally. We need the cash, as the owners are brassic. That said we do still have the cash from Keane and the 7 million Pompey aparently owe us from Crouch on top of what we make from selling the likes of Babel, Voronin and Degan and what Gillet and Hicks give us. And without Rick Parry to cock up everything, transfers SHOULD be better handled now.

Shame Pompey have been bought out, because I really fancied Johnson coming in.

I can't wait until the limit on foreigners kicks in to 6+5.

Of course Arsenal will get round it all by naturalizing 14 year old Brazilians and Spaniards but some clubs will seriously need to rebuild the balance of their squads.

Which Premiership teams this season have been putting out teams with plenty of British?

Spurs have Woodgate/King/Dawson at the back with Hutton on the right. Huddlestone and Jenas centre mid, Lennon on the right and Defoe up front (with Bent in the squad at the moment) and with players like O'Hara and Bentley (for the time being) we'd be fine. Tottenham have a decent policy recently of buying young British players much like West Ham (through their own academy) and Aston Villa (through the cheque book).

Liverpool are kinda screwed right now though with...erm Gerrard anbd Carragher...

Man U always have a good solid supply of British talent.

Question is for teams in the ENGLISH PL .. does it have to be English or British? Considering the official ruling states they have to be eligible for the national team of the league they're in, so I'd assume it's pure English.

The obvious solution is to reincorporate the Republic into the UK. Get invading, Gordon >_>

Anyway, by rights it should probably be English players rather than British, with an exception for the Welsh teams. If we're going to have four national teams, it seems only fair.