The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

hahaha.

I just find it strange though. I might be a bit behind the times here but I was under the impression that Aston Villa's strongest position was on the wings with the likes of Agbonlahor, Young and Milner.

Bentley is a winger isn't he? Or maybe I'm just deluding myself because I haven't seen him play in so long. :rolleyes:

Edited by metalman

I read at work today that his agent has said they were having talks, and then a couple of hours later it was said they weren't in talks at all. Not sure who said that though, whether it was Villa or Bentley.

Anyways he plays for Spurs. And with Redknapp seemingly wanting an entire new team it would appear Sunderland can make their Spurs-raiding a tradition.

1252 BST: Bayern Munich appear to be ready to allow in-demand midfielder Franck Ribery to leave. "We discussed the issue at our last board meeting and we all agreed that, if he really wants to leave, then we will deal with the issue," Franz Beckenbauer told Germany's Sport Bild magazine.

1451 BST: Bayern Munich strongly deny they are considering selling Franck Ribery following comments by president Franz Beckenbauer in Germany's Sport Bild magazine (see 1252). In an official statement the club said: "The FC Bayern Munich AG board of directors have made the overwhelming resolution that the player Franck Ribery is not for sale."

This is becoming quite comical at this stage.

Arjen Robben's father has said that Robben will NOT go to Spurs and that they haven't spoken to them.

As talksport just pointed out, his father said that Robben WOULDN'T go to Chelsea. He then also said that Robben would be signing a new 5 year contract with Chelsea and WOULD NOT move to Real Madrid.....

So I guess Robben will be making a move.

It'd be kinda cool to see him at Spurs. Yeah he's crocked, hot and cold, but it'd be fun to have him around and inject some kookiness down the left for the 20 minutes of every game on average that he's fit.

Arjen Robben's father has said that Robben will NOT go to Spurs and that they haven't spoken to them.

As talksport just pointed out, his father said that Robben WOULDN'T go to Chelsea. He then also said that Robben would be signing a new 5 year contract with Chelsea and WOULD NOT move to Real Madrid.....

So I guess Robben will be making a move.

It'd be kinda cool to see him at Spurs. Yeah he's crocked, hot and cold, but it'd be fun to have him around and inject some kookiness down the left for the 20 minutes of every game on average that he's fit.

He has been pretty fit for a while now. To be honest, I think he shouldn't go to the Spurs. Robben should be playing Champions League, not battle for the UEFA Cup. I can only see him go to Spurs if they buy more quality players, but right now Robben deserves better. Seems people have forgotten that Robben has been Real's biggest threat to their opponents this year. Hell, even in the 0-4 match against Liverpool he was Real's best player.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

johnson_shirt.jpg

It's been taken off now, but it does make me wonder if the deal is done or more or less done. Or it's a repeat of the Robiniho situation

Pirlo has said that he's ready for a new chapter in his career and wouldn't mind a move to Chelsea apparently.

Fantastic player who I would love to see in the Premiership but what would he do at Chelsea with Lampard,Ballack,Essien an the rapidly improving Obi Mikel?

Also I am having a weird feeling that United are going to fail at Ribery and end up nabbing Douglas Costa the Brazillian, he's only 18 but looks like one hell of a player

According to Dutch media Ajax defender Thomas Vermaelen is going to London on Friday for a medical and then will probably be presented next week as Arsenal's first signing. The transfer fee is believed to be around 12 million euro, which I find a lot for Vermaelen.

000vermaelen.jpg

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Pirlo has said that he's ready for a new chapter in his career and wouldn't mind a move to Chelsea apparently.

Fantastic player who I would love to see in the Premiership but what would he do at Chelsea with Lampard,Ballack,Essien an the rapidly improving Obi Mikel?

Take over Deco's spot of pointlessness?

He was only ever around in case Mikel broke himself while Essien was still injured, in order to prevent us from having to hand over holding midfielder duties to...Michael Ballack.

The moment Essien returned, he was never going to get a game.

Edited by stokeriño