inFamous

Benji

It´s still in transit, won´t have it before thuesday i belive.

With broken you mean buggy?

As for the story i do not expect much (i mostly get it because of the bundel, because the other amazon offer would have given me a free ego shoter instead and i largly prefere RPG over Ego Shooter)... i expect this to be like Fable or KotoR were you either are very good or very bad and it dossent realy change a lot exept for the ending and the powers you have. ...i found these games much easyer to enjoy after i started ignoreing the hype about zooomg karma good vs evil pwone. I also do not expect this to be the open world fun i had with GTA or Spider-Man 2 (in the sens of i always pluged these games in again and again just to fool around a bit)... maybe it´s just becaus the seemingly always dark grafiks might look alike a lot. It prolly will have a nice little story you play through twice, and thats a good amound of time for what you payed, a solid little action game - but not a game to end all games.

If it turnes out to be, nice, but i am not expecting this.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So I got it yesterday and wasn't particularly impressed dissapointingly, restarting now, anyone else played it? Does it become less... broken?

How comes your disappointed?

I had it on pre-order and had the demo and wasn't really enjoying it and considered canceling it but it had already been dispatched. I've been playing for about 2-3 hours and am enjoying it.

Hopefully bigger and better powers become available through earning enough XP.

I've experienced a load of glitchiness, walls, floors and crap like that, the combat system doesn't feel like it "works", it's basically either use the electric pulse attack or get shot to smithereens, the game had me going in a loop (literally, for two minutes) at the start of the game in the bit where Cole and his friend are looking for that car,.

Dunno, it just seems to be 'broken' in terms of playability for me.

I got inFamous on tuesday and I haven't been able to stop playing it. I think its a fun game and REALLy love running aorund the rooftops etc..exploring

I think the combat system does start out a bit ropey, but as your powers improve, the game improves tenfold. The missions are decent, there are various things to collect, and as your powers improve, you can cause some serious damage. I ended up playing it for about 4 hours in a row yesterday, after not being so fussed about it to begin with.

It is also a little glitchy with regards to clipping with walls and buildings, but not so much so that it is unplayable.

Is InFamous or Prototype going to be released for the PC, or are they both next gen systems only? I know InFamous is PS3 exclusive as far as gaming systems go....

Prototype looks better from what I've seen.

I'm waiting for Gamefly to deliver this. What people are saying here is what I've read most places. The game starts out slow, but as you get more powers it gets a lot more enjoyable. What's the total playtime for beating it might I ask? If nobody's beaten it yet, that's perfectly understandable.

I just gave this a cupple of houres to finish the first island (including all sidequests, and at least a lot of the two colection games).

It´s defenetly fun, but the optics and the missions/oponents have been very similar by now, at first glance the second island looks like it is the same just with a new group of villans. The repetition kills you. If there are no changes comming soon i don´t think i will even play this a second time to see the other side of karma. (playing as a hero, wich is way to "easy" since you don´t have to sacrafice anything)

I just gave this a cupple of houres to finish the first island (including all sidequests, and at least a lot of the two colection games).

It´s defenetly fun, but the optics and the missions/oponents have been very similar by now, at first glance the second island looks like it is the same just with a new group of villans. The repetition kills you. If there are no changes comming soon i don´t think i will even play this a second time to see the other side of karma. (playing as a hero, wich is way to "easy" since you don´t have to sacrafice anything)

The main missions on the second and third island are good, but the side missions suck.

What's the total playtime for beating it might I ask?

15 to 20 hours for me. If you collect all the shards and dead drops and you complete all the side missions (I only did half of the 99 missions given), then your play time will be more of course.

You can do that with any electrical item as well. Heck, I managed to do it with a stone basin. >_>

Just beat the game this afternoon as a good guy. I can't say I see the game changing too much if I was evil, but I'll do it anyway.

1. There's trophies in it for me

2. I want to see the other movies

3. The ending would have to be somewhat different to succeed. Especially given Kessler's (sp?) motives.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know what the song that plays during the credits is called?

Edited by Little Green Momo