Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea boss

I don't see the problem tbh. Ancelotti has proven he's a good manager at AC Milan, is it just because he's not Hiddink!?

What has he proven though? He didn't win anything with Juventus, then went to Milan who had a great team. From 2001 to 2009 he has only won the league title ONCE with freakin' AC Milan in 2004, the cup title in 2003 and yes, he managed to win the Champions League twice. I remember the last one in 06/07 fondly; they played typical Italian style, boring and defensive. He had supposedly the best player in the world at his disposal (Kaka) and they've been pretty poo in the Serie A, especially the last two years. Ancelotti is known for his 4-3-2-1 tactic, which is pretty defensive. Hiddink hasn't won much either, besides the CL with PSV and many Dutch titles, everywhere he went he adapted and he got a lot of respect for his coaching abilities. Ancelotti has only managed in Italy. So I think this is a bad decision by Chelsea....

By the way, can he even speak English?

Edit: Yes he can, just watched an interview for ChelseaTV. Not very good or anything like Hiddink, but he'll obviously learn.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Well it looks like all the wide midfielders are fucked then (Joe Cole, Malouda, Kalou, Sinclair etc, I'm talking to you!)

Well it only really affects Cole then, and I'm sure he can play in the hole.

Quasi, you can't deny that he has the credentials-you mention the TWO Champion's League wins as if they're the Johnstone's Paint Trophy or something. He won that trophy twice, something Fergie has done and bearly anyone else. And they can't be that crap if he led them to an automatic Champion's League place this season.

I dunno, I'm not sure what some fans expect of their clubs..

Guest Some Daft Punk
Why is it that Hiddink doesn't want the job?

I ought to know this but I haven't really been keeping up with the football news recently.

Maybe he wants to commit to his obligations to the Russian national team? Other than that shot in the dark, I have no idea why.

To fulfill his obligations with Russia full time.

And I know they lost this final, but I do remember AC Milan playing Liverpool off the park in that penalty shoot out final. Okay so they let a 3-0 lead slip, there own doing and everything, but it was far from boring. I think Ancelotti will do fine, and everytime a new manager comes in players fear for their positions and jobs - it's the way it is, teams adapt to managers formations - managers don't adapt to teams formations.

Hope he does well. He can kind of speak English, it's not like most can anyways. Hiddink was pretty poor but managed, Rafa has his "I SPEAK IN FACT" obviously and most of the Scottish managers are incoherent anyways. Good luck to Ancelotti :)

Edited by IAceI

He wants to stay on as Russia manager until his contract ends, which I think is after the 2010 World Cup. If the job comes up again I reckon he will take it, but fair play to him for sticking with Russia, let's see how far he can take them

EDIT: Beaten to it not once, not twice but thrice

Edited by Hugobombski

Director of Technical Advisor for Early Years Motor Development Performance

It's all the same bollocks. He'll just phone them and tell them to sign a couple of Russians and stuff now and again and keep in touch so he has claim for the job sometime in the future possibly.

What has he proven though? He didn't win anything with Juventus, then went to Milan who had a great team. From 2001 to 2009 he has only won the league title ONCE with freakin' AC Milan in 2004, the cup title in 2003 and yes, he managed to win the Champions League twice. I remember the last one in 06/07 fondly; they played typical Italian style, boring and defensive. He had supposedly the best player in the world at his disposal (Kaka) and they've been pretty poo in the Serie A, especially the last two years. Ancelotti is known for his 4-3-2-1 tactic, which is pretty defensive. Hiddink hasn't won much either, besides the CL with PSV and many Dutch titles, everywhere he went he adapted and he got a lot of respect for his coaching abilities. Ancelotti has only managed in Italy. So I think this is a bad decision by Chelsea....

Edit: Yes he can, just watched an interview for ChelseaTV. Not very good or anything like Hiddink, but he'll obviously learn.

Aside from the aforementioned two Champions League wins and the Scudetto win, he has managed a team that wasn't built by himself and the egos that came along with it to achieve considerable success. He was unable to win two titles in 2004-05 and 2005-06 because Juventus have been convicted of fixing the matches to alter those years wins. He guided Reggina to Serie A. He guided Parma to 2nd Place of Serie A in a league filled with Milan, Inter, Fiorentina, Lazio and Juventus, amongst others. Add this fact to the two 2nd place finishes he had with Juventus. Plus, Milan's 2002-03 Champions League win was coupled with a Coppa Italia trophy too. Plus the Club World Cup. Not much, but it's still something.

And considering he did all that when the sad fact about life and sport is that you simply CANNOT WIN ALL THE TIME says to me Chelsea have a man with immense credentials. I personally believe Hiddink is the better manager, but it's a bit like trading a Porsche for a Ferrari - either way, you've got a beast of a car to drive in.

Director of Technical Advisor for Early Years Motor Development Performance

It's all the same bollocks. He'll just phone them and tell them to sign a couple of Russians and stuff now and again and keep in touch so he has claim for the job sometime in the future possibly.

I hope you're being sarcastic, because I don't see Hiddink telling Chelsea to buy some Russian players for his own benefit. Hiddink has said that he's getting old and he doesn't have a lot of years anymore in front of him as a manager. If Ancelotti screws up and Russia doesn't qualify or does shit at the World Cup he'll probably return but if Ancelotti does well and stays for a few years I don't see Hiddink ever coming back to England.