The Tonight Show

livid

Yea, i remembered at 11:34

the beginning running across country was great...

Andy Richter's laugh being louder than anyone else's is so fucking annoying, but so far a pretty hilarious show. Especially loved Conan sitting in the nosebleed seats as far away as possible from the other celebs

I agree it's great to see Andy back, but his laughter during the monologue is a bit annoying

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I was starting to feel like an overly-negative bastard. <_<

I marked out for Ferrell's grand entrance. The show's been really fun so far, and I'm so glad to get Conan at a more reasonable time. I wish Joel was still around, though.

Anybody know if they'll be following the one guest/one musical guest format, or is that just for this episode?

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

Andy Richter's laugh being louder than anyone else's is so fucking annoying, but so far a pretty hilarious show. Especially loved Conan sitting in the nosebleed seats as far away as possible from the other celebs

I agree it's great to see Andy back, but his laughter during the monologue is a bit annoying

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I was starting to feel like an overly-negative bastard. <_<

I marked out for Ferrell's grand entrance. The show's been really fun so far, and I'm so glad to get Conan at a more reasonable time. I wish Joel was still around, though.

Anybody know if they'll be following the one guest/one musical guest format, or is that just for this episode?

It should change after they stop doing as many skits/taped segments as this episode.

I'd expect them not to settle into their normal format for a while. The next few months will be introducing Conan to the Tonight Show audience and see what works and doesn't work at 11:30. Personally, I'm in favor of that format because it allows more freedom with the guest. Letterman does it and usually works. In fact, Letterman spent about 25 minutes with Tom Hanks last week and it was great.

This is the best Tonight Show in about 15 years.

It really, really, REALLY was not. It was a solid first show from Conan, but there were some things that could be changed and so forth. It wasn't overly funny, but it wasn't sucky either. As SquaredCircle said it's introducing him to the audience of 11:35. Solid show, nothing spectacular, nothing drop-dead hilariuos, and definitely not the best Tonight Show in 15 years.

I'd expect the two guest format to be in by next week.

I was/am so happy he is back, but I have to agree. This needs to be fixed.

Letterman does it and usually works.

I'm not a Letterman fan, but I wish more hosts did it, and I hope Conan does in the future.

So am I the only one who breathed a huge sigh of relief on Monday when the opening credits started and it was pretty much a slightly reworked version of Conan's Late Night theme? That song was perfect and the last thing I wanted to do was have to adjust to him coming to something new.

I think I'm the only person that laughed more and more and more with the Tilda Swinton jokes.

And Obama forgetting Conan's name for a second was a great smile moment. I do love our President. :D

I find it lame that they changed "In the year 2000" to 3000. Have some respect for a classic people.

Agreed. The hilarity of it was that that it hadn't been the year 2000 for years.

On the plus side, though, Pierre Bernard is still on the show! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It wasn't the Recliner of Rage; he came out when Conan was attempting to prove that you can do basketball-style introductions for people and it looks impressive no matter what by first having Andy do an NBA-style intro for Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and then the same kind of intro for Pierre Bernard. But at least this means there is the distinct possibility of the Recliner of Rage showing up in the future.