An unlikely favourite song....

Strange title I know but I had problems summing this up in a phrase.

Basically think of an artist. Is your favourite song of theirs something that no-one would expect?

For example I love a bit of Bowie and the guy has done some amazing stuff down the years. However for me my favourite track of his is "Little Wonder" from the 90s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTrbvg4wNg

Which I doubt many people would agree with.

So how about you lot?

Well, I guess.. I love myself some Black Eyed Peas.. and they're obviously known as hip-hop/r'n'b whatever the fuck it is they do.

Yet my favorite song of theirs is a rock song.

"Lets Get This Paper" by Rich Boy has been my favorite song for a couple months. A really heartfelt song in a genre that doesn't get too much of it. "No World for Tomorrow" is my favorite Coheed and Cambria song. Favorite C&C CD too.

I have quite a few of these actually.

My favourite Beatles song is "The Night Before", which was a track of relatively minor importance on "Help!", one of their less talked about album.

Favourite song ever

Mississippi - Favourite Bob Dylan song #1

Sara - Favourite Bob Dylan song #1

Boots of Spanish Leather - Favourite Bob Dylan song #2

Favourite David Bowie song is "Heroes"...so I'll just skip that part. Although generally the whole album could qualify as my favourite by him.

Although James Taylor was by far most famous in the 70s, my favourite album by him is October Road, released in 2002 or something.

That'll do for now. :)

EDIT: and Little Wonder is good yes. I've only ever listened to Earthling once or twice really. But it probably deserves another listen.

Edited by metalman

Depending on my mood, Fillip is sometimes my favourite Muse track:

Let Down is my favourite Radiohead track:

End Of A Century is my favourite Blur track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8zbtl9T4yQ

It's one of my big Blur karaoke songs too along with Song 2, Parklife and Stereotypes.

Edited by SexyHamster

Depending on my mood, Fillip is sometimes my favourite Muse track:

Let Down is my favourite Radiohead track:

End Of A Century is my favourite Blur track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8zbtl9T4yQ

It's one of my big Blur karaoke songs too along with Song 2, Parklife and Stereotypes.

End of a Century is easily my favourite Blur song, although I do quite like Coffee and TV aswell.

Okay, just remembered this due to a convo with Ace, but "Meathead" by Story Of The Year is seriously one of the best punk-rock songs written in recent memory (and it's not even by a punk-rock band :shifty:). It's made even better that it was on the absolutely fucking terrible 2nd album, and probably the only good song on there.

EPIC!!!

• 2 weeks later...
For example I love a bit of Bowie and the guy has done some amazing stuff down the years. However for me my favourite track of his is "Little Wonder" from the 90s:

A friend of mine bumped into David Bowie at a uni ball one time, around the time this was in the charts. Bowie wasn't playing or anything, he was just randomly at the ball, and tried to help my mate get laid - only for another friend to cockblock him by taking the back seat of the car with the girl on the way home, despite my friend's frantic efforts to convince him to take the front seat...

I only mention this because although the song does my head in, I like to remind my friend of it every now and then. I may have to call him tomorrow and remind him that he couldn't get his leg over even with David Bowie helping him.

But I digress.

My favourite Blink-182 tracks are

and

My favourite Guns 'n' Roses track is

I seem to be pretty obvious when it comes to favourite songs - but I'll take I'm Just A Girl over Don't Speak any time, any day - and I seem to be about the only person who knows the song...

I guess Harvester of Sorrow being my favourite 'Tallica song isn't that common. My favourite Nirvana song is their version of Where Did You Sleep Last Night on Unplugged. My favourite Hendrix song is If 6 Was 9. Alkaline Trio = Armageddon. Biffy Clyro = Machines. Audioslave = Show me how to live. Goldfinger = Dad. That's it off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

A friend of mine bumped into David Bowie at a uni ball one time, around the time this was in the charts. Bowie wasn't playing or anything, he was just randomly at the ball, and tried to help my mate get laid - only for another friend to cockblock him by taking the back seat of the car with the girl on the way home, despite my friend's frantic efforts to convince him to take the front seat...

I only mention this because although the song does my head in, I like to remind my friend of it every now and then. I may have to call him tomorrow and remind him that he couldn't get his leg over even with David Bowie helping him.

But I digress.

My favourite Blink-182 tracks are

and

My favourite Guns 'n' Roses track is

I seem to be pretty obvious when it comes to favourite songs - but I'll take I'm Just A Girl over Don't Speak any time, any day - and I seem to be about the only person who knows the song...

Just A Girl IS better than Don't Speak...But Excuse Me Mr is better than both of them.

I have a David Bowie story, well it's actually a Mick Ronson story. Mick Ronson lived with my dad's best childhood friend in the 1970s or 1980s, don't know which decade for sure. This is when my dad's friend still lived in Detroit. Apparently, Ronson was a huge fan of my dad's friends mom's pasta. Imagine that.

I think it's odd that I prefer Fear's second version of "I love living in the city" to the original on The Record. The song is on something of a forgettable (I enjoy it, forgettable to most fans) More Beer album, and the song is more of a "Eh, new recording" kind of afterthought.

I love everything the Angelic Upstarts have done, most of it is fairly high energy punk/oi. However, their most powerful tune is an acoustic tune titled "Solidarity" which is possibly the best song they have ever recorded. Angelic Upstarts - Solidarity. Even non-punk fans should find enjoyment in this.

Motorhead is one of my favorite bands, and are most famously known for much of their work on Ace of Spades and Overkill. While both albums are amazing in their own right, my two favorite songs from Motorhead are On Parole, the version on the self titled album "Motorhead" and a song they recorded called Black Leather Jacket which was recorded during BBC sessions. A lot of fans are not overly fond of the self titled Motorhead album because it hadn't quite captured the raw sound that their later work had. Black Leather Jacket is largely an overlooked song due to it seemingly only appearing on the Stone Deaf Forever Box Set.

I suppose I have a few, but off the top of my head I can only remember two.

For Metallica, it'd likely be St. Anger, which I really like. I've never met anybody that likes it as much as I do, but I have a thing for songs that speed up and down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abby9vrAylA

Another that I can think of is Queens of the Stone Age. Whilst the majority of people I'm sure would love their Songs For The Deaf album with "No One Knows" and "Go With The Flow," I prefer the Lullabies to Paralyse album and my favourite song on it, and from my entire Stone's collection, would be Someone's In The Wolf.

I view Allison as the greatest song by the Pixies... if not of all time. It's short, fun and effective and I could probably listen to it on repeat for weeks.

I view Ça Plane Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand as the greatest punk song of all time, whilst most view it only as a one-hit-wonder

Neon Knights is the best Black Sabbath song ever.

And I view Fog to be the best Radiohead song ever, not the live version but the actual studio version. It's pretty much songwriting by numbers, start off basic then get more and more frantic before ending up with a smooth outro.