USA Basketball thread

I think the loss yesterday was bitter sweet for us, bitter that we got bitchslapped by Italy of all teams, but I think it will be good for a wake up call for these guys, especially since we have a ton of young guys, an average age of under 24.

I just tuned into the USA/Germany scrimmage, did anyone see that dunk facial by Tim Duncan just a little bit ago? That was wicked!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I expect the US to come back home without a medal. They got smacked around by Italy and needed a half court fling to beat a team that isn't even going to the Olympics. The only way that I'll follow this team is if LeBron gets benched for the whole tourney since I can't stand him, and don't want to see any Nike ads with him wearing a gold medal.

We destroyed the 'champions.' I've never even heard of that country and they're the World Champions? :D

I think that sends a message, but I want USA to win because nobody wants us to. We're probably the most hated nation in the Olympics. Nobody wants us to come home with a medal. USA? Boo. I just want to piss everybody off.

I want Italy to win. Might be cuz I'm Italian.

Anyways, if I see any adds with any olympic basketball players, I will be fucking pissed. What about the people who don't get paid for what they do... like the Amatuer Wrestlers! Use them instead of fucking LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony.

What about the people who don't get paid for what they do... like the Amatuer Wrestlers!

No one cares about Amatuer Wrestlers.

USA will win Gold. There is no way that team can leave Athens with anything less. They are motivated now especially after Italy embarassed em.

Guest Takayamanofear

China

New Zealand

Italy

Spain

Argentina

Serbia & Montenegro

Angola

Australia

Greece

Lithuania

Puerto Rico

United States

Edited by Takayamanofear

Serbia doesn't have Divac, Peja or Jaric, the three best players at the World Champs, after seeing their team, their nothing, they have some decent players in their, but not as good as usual.

Serbia used to be Yugoslavia, AR, thats probably why you don't know who they are.

Argentina, Spain, Lithuania are my favourites along with the US, who should make the medal rounds, but they'll find it tougher than usual to make the Final.