USA Basketball thread

Guest bukkake bandit

But the guy everyone said was overrated, LeBron, is not only awesome, but also a team guy.  A great BASKETBALL player

diving for a couple of loose balls makes you a great team guy and and a great basketball player? I thought that was basic skill?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the guy everyone said was overrated, LeBron, is not only awesome, but also a team guy.  A great BASKETBALL player

diving for a couple of loose balls makes you a great team guy and and a great basketball player? I thought that was basic skill?

Guest bukkake bandit

Lebron moves the ball and attempts to get his shots off on fast breaks and lay-ups. Meanwhile, you pass Carmelo the ball and he jacks up a shot with two guys in his face and 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

Guest bukkake bandit

Who's Lebron going to kick it out to during the season? Eric Williams and Carlos Boozer for a jumpshot? Or maybe he can kick it out to that sharpshooter, Kevin Ollie. Carmelo's never met a shot he didn't like. Watch the Olympics. I really couldn't care for both of them, but Lebron has proven why he's the far superior player.

Who's Lebron going to kick it out to during the season? Eric Williams and Carlos Boozer for a jumpshot? Or maybe he can kick it out to that sharpshooter, Kevin Ollie. Carmelo's never met a shot he didn't like. Watch the Olympics. I really couldn't care for both of them, but Lebron has proven why he's the far superior player.

Guest bukkake bandit

Oh, but he passed it to Boozer and Z. He averaged 6 assists per game compared to Carmelo's 3. I'd like you to point out where I called Lebron a better shooter. I said Carmelo was garbage and Lebron was the better player, which is true. Being a better shooter and having better statistics does not make Carmelo better. Carmelo doesn't play defense, nor does he involve his teammates. Last I checked, Carmelo played 17 minutes last game and decided to go 3-10 and lead the team in shots attempted with Duncan. I also recall him missing his first four shots, all of which he just heaved up there. So you tell me who the better player is. Lebron who passes the ball, plays defense, and is patient on the offensive end(which leads to dunks and easy lay-ups for him) or Carmelo who stands around on defense and takes jumpshots when he's being double-teamed?

I'm assuming you believe Carmelo single-handedly led Denver to the playoffs and the arriving Andre Miller and healthy Marcus Camby had nothing to do with it? Since you keep mentioning it. Cleveland tanked after McGinnis went down.

ok.....call over or under on these stats for the game against Spain. These are my predictions. They aren't too tough to match....but will the US be able to do it against Spain's zone?

22 % from 3 points line - under

40 % from the field - under

18 Turnovers - Over

14 points for Duncan - Under

post a few more yourselves if you want

It was easily their best game of the tournament. Now only if Marbury was doing this every game. Spain was horrible down the stretch. They did everything in those final 8 minutes that we've come to expect from this US team, bad shooting and turnovers. I did not realize how bad this Spain team was from beyond the Arc. Great game for Marbury overallm, he ends up setting the all-time US single game points record with his 31 which included 6 3 pointers (that's more then what the US usually shoots as a team)

A loss here would've been the first time the US did not medal (I believe all time). I predicted this team to come home without a medal and that can still happen with a loss next game to winner of Argentina and Greece. And trust me those teams are not as bad as Spain from the arc.

And that officiating was terrible the final 8 minutes. Although calls went against both teams in that final 8 minutes, I'm still gonna say the refs looked lost out there. So many fouls went uncalled.

That had to have been one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in a long time in regards to basketball at the end of USA's win over Spain. The two coaches almost going at it. That's the Olympic spirit for ya. Over a timeout, which because of the overwhelmingly retarded international rules, was taken a great deal after it was "registered" with the scorer's table. That is because once you register the timeout you can't get uncall itor something like that. Nice to see USA get their shit together from downtown with Starbury finally playing like the point guard with a shot (31 points) that New York sent over there. I didn't know the Olympic record for men's scoring was so low though. And that of all people from the 1992 Dream Team to set it, Charles Barkley. I would have expected Chris Mullin over him. Not that Barkley wasn't a nasty scorer but look at the rest of that team. But no matter, I just hope that Doug Collins really quits calling Carlos Boozer a superstar everytime he tips in a bucket after he misses a three foot bank shot. Seriously, that shit just urks me.