Confederations Cup

Hobo

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually rooting for the US team to win as I love the underdogs to win except when they play England. But in the end Brazils superiority has shown against a resilient US team, this can only give them the inspiration to get better for next year and surprise quite a few people, Tim Howard has kept the score down as well. Ooh Onyewu nearly scored then >_<

At least it was an exciting game, I guess. Maybe some Americans who watched this will start to watch football now they know that there is more than one goal sometimes.

That might have been the case if we hadn't lost. I'm sure most people who were casual fans will just see the end result and go on about their business.

Bradley should have seen the Brazilian fullbacks start to push up and dominate the flow of play. He should have gone 4-5-1 to try and counteract that. We are never gonna win anything serious with this moron in charge.

FIRE BRADLEY!

Bradley should have seen the Brazilian fullbacks start to push up and dominate the flow of play. He should have gone 4-5-1 to try and counteract that. We are never gonna win anything serious with this moron in charge.

FIRE BRADLEY!

If nothing else, at least Americans have the fickle side of football right.

There's no way Bradley will get fired, c'mon. He just took America to its first FIFA final ever... his job is safe until after the World Cup now, for sure.

I wish it weren't, but that's another story.

Disappointing result after how excited I was with the way the game started, but good showing in the tournament for the most part. Now what remains to be seen is if we will continue to remain a mediocre team or if we will actually use this to propel us forwards. It will be a HUGE disappointment if they don't get out of the group stage next summer.

FIRE BRADLEY!

Even you have to admit that this is a terrible loss. I've wanted Bradley fired since the embarassing defeat to Costa Rica. They were absolutely lifeless against them.

Szumi: I know this run saved Bradley's ass, but he's just not a good manager. He has a knack for waiting way too long to adapt to the current conditions of the match, and you need someone in there who can quickly adapt to what the other team is doing and plan properly.

Edited by Magus978

FIRE BRADLEY!

You do realise you weren't even expected to get out of your group/quite easily could've finished 4th? :shifty:

FIRE BRADLEY!

You do realise you weren't even expected to get out of your group/quite easily could've finished 4th? :shifty:

Yes, but good teams finish the job when they're up 2-0, do they not? I'm not a typical American when it comes to football :P:shifty:

Edited by Magus978

FIRE BRADLEY!

Even you have to admit that this is a terrible loss. I've wanted Bradley fired since the embarassing defeat to Costa Rica. They were absolutely lifeless against them.

I'll admit I don't know an awful lot about Bradley, but it must surely redeem him somewhat when you consider how close America were to going out, he turned it around and lost to a good Brazil side in the final. Beating the European champions must surely count for something aswell?

And in my books, losing to Brazil is never "terrible". It just came down to it that America were beaten by the better team tonight.