The Village

I didn't hate the movie, and I didn't love it, it was ok, I thought the overall message was good, but the execution should have been done a bit differently, I also felt cheated, but not too cheated. I blame it on the commercials! :P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are just not appreciative of a good plot twist. It's Shyamalan, if you didn't think there would be a twist, you're an idiot.

I never though the movie was going to be about a monster because you could basically tell from a mile away that it wasn't going to be a real monster and I'm really glad there were more twists in the movie, it shows that the director can have people seeing one thing on the way in and leave with a completely different thought. You go from thinking it's really a person in a costume.. to knowing it.. to thinking there is a monster and then you get slapped with the REAL reality.

They all moved into a wild-life preserve because they all suffered loss at the hands of products from their world and they wanted to go back to the old times, to try to preserve a better way of life. The best choice was to send Ivy since she was blind and couldn't see the outside world, sort of like how everyone wanted the town to be blind.

I think it was a good movie, it wasn't great but it wasn't THE WORST MOVIE EVER. It was a good story with a nice twist at the end. Can't people just appreciate that, without shitting on it for it looking like a scary movie but then it wasn't?

Guest Ringmaster

Wait, there were midgets with gas masks?

How else do you think I could live a life of such luxury in my phat palatial estate?

(two points to whoever gets the reference...only one point if Keith gets it, becuase he's probably seen it more than I have =P)

Clerks: The Animated Series DVD.

How else do you think I could live a life of such luxury in my phat palatial estate?

(two points to whoever gets the reference...only one point if Keith gets it, becuase he's probably seen it more than I have =P)

You forgot "Hollywood" in front of estate.

You forgot "Hollywood" in front of estate.

Would've made it too easy. Ringmaster gets tha two.

Only see the advertisement for it today on television. They did it in a weird way, with like them showing a quick part of it, going to another advert, then coming back to the advertisement of it. Anyway it looks really good and comes out on the 20th of this month, so I'll go see it then.