Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

If West Ham holds on and win this match, I will gladly streak in the snow in celebration.

Now, I have little hope of my boys actually winning the match, I'll still hold on to that little bit of hope. Even a point is huge here, but shit, a win is just amazing on so many levels.

Firstly, fuck you Paul Scholes. You've had a shit game today and I am disgusted you're still on the pitch right now.

Secondly, fuck you Sir Alex for getting your tactics wrong. You start with a 5-5-2, then bring on Berbatov to go up top and send Rooney to the left wing instead of bringing Obertan on, then you keep that cluster fuck Scholes on the pitch.

Both of you can get fucked for today.

Oh shut up. Good to see your annoyance spreads from the Diary Dome to this parts of the forum as well.

Fuck Sir Alex, Fuck Paul Scholes? Sure Scholes had a bad game, sure Sir Alex may have got things wrong tactically but where would we be without Sir Alex? How many times has Scholes completely dominated an opposition team with passing and scored some brilliant goals? But after a bad game it's just weak to come on here and start moaning and groaning like that I'd love to see how Chelsea or Liverpool handle Fulham away with their back 4 PLUS reserve back 4 injured.

• Like 2

Ignoring our defense which is brutal, we should be top 4. But yeah our defense drops us down to 6th which is why this is so ridicilious unless you place 100% of the blame on Hughes for the piss poor defense.

Should? Nobody should be top 4. You have to earn it and Man City have earned nothing.

• Like 1

Ignoring our defense which is brutal, we should be top 4. But yeah our defense drops us down to 6th which is why this is so ridicilious unless you place 100% of the blame on Hughes for the piss poor defense.

Should? Nobody should be top 4. You have to earn it and Man City have earned nothing.

Plus, shouldn't Hughes get the blame for the piss poor defence? He spent £40M on Toure and Lescott - neither of whom were ever any fan-dabi-dozi shakes defensively, and let Richard Dunne leave - who has been superb at Villa.

Our defence has been superb. It is the best in the Premiership at the moment and that is all down to a supposed Man City over the hill defender, and a ginger from West Ham at £5m.

How nobody spotted James Collins before O'Neill is very bemusing.

Collins is immense. He's a proper footballer, yet a giant of a defender. As for Dunne, he's the leader all teams need. When Laursen retired, more than anything we needed a new defensive general. Cuellar & Davies are good, but neither are real leaders in the Laursen mould, in Dunne - we have one. Collins, Cuellar or Davies could form a superb partnership with him, but Collins should edge it when he's fit again. 5m for a player of his ability is hilarious. Worth atleast double that. Abu Dhabi United's defence are nothing compared to ours. Toure and Lescott have been found out.

Davies is certainly a future captain. He will learn his trade off Dunne.

The thing that I love about Collins is he isn't afraid to get stuck in, and he is also a pretty neat passer of the ball. He doesn't hoof it up the field, he picks out a man and delivers a quality pass.

So, Drogba and Kalou are off to the African Cup of Nations on the 27th. Since Anelka is also injured, apparently it will be Daniel Sturridge and Fabio Borini leading the attacking line against Fulham on the 28th.

Should be interesting. Although I'd feel more confident if Fulham hadn't flattened United the other day. :shifty:

Thank you, Birmingham, thank you. You've been fantastic this season, first beating Liverpool and now taking two points from Chelsea. This means that if we beat the Tigers tomorrow, Chelsea's lead will be cut to one point. Fabulous!

Plus the fact that Drogba, Kalou, and Mikel will go to Africa tomorrow, and Malouda got sent off, this is beginning to shape up as one fantastic weekend of football. :)

(EDIT:) Ugh, you're right - should think before I type. Nonetheless it'll be vital for us to beat Hull tomorrow.

Edited by Shelty92

Won't be easy though. What bugs me about United this season is our back 4 and mid-field 4 constantly keep changing and this hasn't allowed the team to gel but what can we do with injuries,suspensions taking their toll?

Rafael is expected to start at Hull that pleases me now Fletch can go into mid-field again!.

I can't believe how relieved I was when we beat Wolves yesterday. We were shit throughout and struggled to even create anything but thank fuck we got the win. I feel like I'm watching a team like Hull now, not even sure if we'll get the ball into the final third at all. Makes me nervous whenever the other team has the ball as well. But I've given up on performances, it just makes me happy when we actually get three points.

I think I have more patience than most Liverpool fans I know. I'm used to not winning the league, I was born days after we last won it so I've never known us to be champions and I seem to keep myself going by reminding myself that at least we don't have Traore any more :shifty:

I can't believe how relieved I was when we beat Wolves yesterday. We were shit throughout and struggled to even create anything but thank fuck we got the win. I feel like I'm watching a team like Hull now, not even sure if we'll get the ball into the final third at all. Makes me nervous whenever the other team has the ball as well. But I've given up on performances, it just makes me happy when we actually get three points.

I think I have more patience than most Liverpool fans I know. I'm used to not winning the league, I was born days after we last won it so I've never known us to be champions and I seem to keep myself going by reminding myself that at least we don't have Traore any more :shifty:

There were moments of good football from Liverpool yesterday but it was only in short flashes. I really think that being so close to the title and then starting the season so poorly really hasn't done the players any good. Aquilani had a decent game too which was good to see. It was a much better performance than the one against Pompey where the players might as well not have turned up.