Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

We knicked that. It was nice to actually have some luck at some point this season. Martin O'Neil's reaction on the replays was rather priceless. Not surprising either considering.

Didn't see it apart from the last five minutes, but what a result. Massive game for us, puts us back in the hunt for the CL places. Definitely didn't fancy the prospect of being 8 points off Villa and gaining 3 on them instead is fantastic.

Edited by Pesci

So, Fernando Torres - 50 goals from 72 games, and every single one of them from open play.

That is stunning.

It's stunning because Torres is stunning. Certainly the best goal scorer in the world and best striker for that matter if you ask me. Gotta feel a bit sorry for Villa after that, but in fairness Liverpool have had fuck all luck this season really, so something like that was deserved sooner or later.

Hope that also isn't true about Megson :(

Guest Raving Rich

According to breaking news on BBCSport Bolton boss Gary Megson has been "'relieved of duties with immediate effect,' says club"

I would say it was because of their current league position, but after his post-match interview slagging off the fans, then it just goes to show that whether you're right or wrong (in Megson's case he was right), you can't go about lashing out at the fans of the club you play/manage at.

Now let's see if Bolton can get a decent manager in this time to undo the damage Sam Alladyce's departure has done.

Guest Raving Rich

Sacking Megson is ridiculous. As was sacking Hughes. I don't understand why chairmen don't give managers time. It's not like Megson stopped Bolton from going down last year...oh wait, it is. Ugh.

Bolton appointing Megson was even more ridiculous. Was it any wonder Leicester City fans were chanting after Bolton took him from them "We love you Bolton, we do!!!!"

Goodbye and good fucking riddance Ginger Mourinho. I hope the Premier League never sees you outdated managerial style again.