Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

I like Villa (of course), but unless they can arrange for United and Arsenal to both throw away their matches this weekend, I hope Chelsea batter them. :shifty:

^_^

In other news, that Own Goals is a machine for United. They should extend his contract, pronto.

Fantastic performance in the second half, even without Rooney and Rio. When you compare this match to the scrappy one against Wolves a couple weeks back (when we played without Rooney), there was a huge difference - you wouldn't believe it was pretty much the same squad in there. Nani deserved his standing ovation near the end due to his fabulous tricks, Berbatov showed good finishing and so did Gibson, but the man of the match for me was Nemanja Vidic. No doubt about it.

This performance combined with a win at Bayern could create such a momentum for us that it could be one hell of a night at Old Trafford a week from now. :)

Edited by Shelty92
  • Like 1

Torres' goal was amazing. A confident performance that could've had a bigger scoreline. Agger could've had a hatrick if he got anything on target. Torres could've had several more.

Oh yes, this was definitely a good performance from Liverpool. Dominated pretty much the whole match, great runs forward, nice trickery with some of their passing, loads of chances, etc. Lots of wasted chances too, but the fact that they were at least making them is refreshing to see. It was nice to see Gerrard have a solid match in the midfield. Usually when he's had to drop back, he's been non-existent. Today, he still made good runs forward without having to always be the center piece of Liverpool's attack.

If I had to point out one weak spot of today's match, it would have to be Babel's inability to pass a ball in the final third. That's not to say he doesn't pass, he does. However, he is just awful at it. Quite a few times he had guys open for an easy strike, and his lay-off was atrocious. Most notably his lay-off for Gerrard, and his square pass for Kuyt that he ended up flopping over the goal. On the ball for Gerrard, 'Pool got lucky that Gerrard was fouled because the pass was so poor that he was never going to be able to collect it and shoot.

I'm highly confident that Sunderland could take a sample of Man Utd, Barcelona, Arsenal, Real Madrid and other tops teams players, get them together, let them put on a Sunderland shirt and all players would become incapable of doing anything of use, ever.

Regardless of the manager, the players, anything - we'll never be actually any good. :-\