2009/2010 NBA Thread

jrtdot

This was hilarious

110376636.gif

I thought it was a very intense defensive minded game. Of course game two will be different as I cannot see Ray Allen getting 5 fouls again, and I expect at least a 30 point game from Pierce.

Lakers in 1... Joey Crawford is officiating and we all know he has Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson and Jerry West stuck up his ass pulling his strings.

I think a little bit of credit has to go to the Lakers for coming out in game one and showing the toughness that they lacked in the 2008 Finals. They didn't back down, they didn't shy away from getting physical, and against a team like the Celtics you can't afford to let them beat you up, especially in games like this. Yeah, there were a few calls that were questionable, but I wouldn't say that determined how the game went. The Celtics actually went to the line more then the Lakers last night, but at the end of the day the C's defense (especially in the 3rd quarter) just wasn't up to par as it usually is. That, and Gasol dominated the Celtics front line. Everyone's saying that his play will be the difference in this series, and I think he's already got off to a great start. Definitely much better then any of his efforts in 08.

Monty Williams is going to be the next head coach for the New Orleans Hornets.

And yes in response to DMN, I totally agree with you, I really do hope Ron Ron plays well against Pierce again. I was just being a fatalist in that Pierce usually has a great game after a shit one.

So, I wasn't the only one who saw KG tapping that ball out of bounds in the 4th when the refs decided he didn't?

Everyone but the referees... horribly officiated game both ways.

Lots of phantom calls on both sides and just really put a bad taste in my mouth for the game.

Granted I'm happy with the outcome, and I think the Celtics still would have won even if the officiating were better, just like in Game 1 even though the officiating sucked the Lakers still would have won. But really the NBA needs to start cracking down on the referees when they suck it up like this.

I saw Tony Allen and Sheed do some fair share of fouling with no calls... KG and Pierce too.

Bynum grabbed Nate Robinson while he was on the floor, totally not going for the ball but didn't get hit with an intentional.

Kobe obviously fouling out with 2 minutes in the game, but you can't have a star foul out in the Finals I guess...

STAT says he will opt out of his contract if a deal isn't reached by June 30th. I don't think that's a great move for him as an individual, and Phoenix really needs to do something other than give him a max deal since he's still a defensive liability and the "4" is a huge position in the Western Conference.

I agree. I thought Avery did a very good job with the Mavs. It isn't his fault Dirk fades when the pressure is on. :crying: With that said, did he REALLY have to go to the Nets? Couldn't he have been in the running for a better gig? But anyways, good pick up for the Nets. Now if only they could land one of the free agents this off season.