2009 Ashes Thread

Well today is the day, the first day of the first test. Before things get started, lets hear some predictions.

I say 2-1, I think we will win in Cardiff due to the lack of Brett Lee and that the pitch will turn and the Aussies have no one who could benefit from that. I think the Aussies will come back hard in the next two tests winning one. We will then win at Headingly, before doing the same as 2005 and batting the Aussies out of the game in the final test.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that any comments I make will be shot down, so I'll say England will win for the sake of reverse psychology.

But I wouldn't be surprised if you won a test, our bowling isn't really settled with Clark being out for ages, Siddle being occasionally brilliant, Horrie struggling to get selected and Brett Lee being, well Brett Lee. Johnson's good though, closest thing to a top class all-rounder we have since they had to ban Roy. :(

And also, If you start chanting "Ponting can't captain" I'll reply with "We know, but Cricket Australia don't!" Seriously, Jeff Thomson just said so.

And as for Phil Tuffnell, from all reports his batting was worse than his singing. Surely that can't be.

What the holy hell happened with the bolwing today? Not to take anything away from the awesome batting display from the ausie pair, but the bowling disnt click today, Sky were blaming the ball for not swinging, and i do think that it was an issue, as all the balls, especally from Anderson were easier to hit than usually they would be

What the holy hell happened with the bolwing today? Not to take anything away from the awesome batting display from the ausie pair, but the bowling disnt click today, Sky were blaming the ball for not swinging, and i do think that it was an issue, as all the balls, especally from Anderson were easier to hit than usually they would be

They bowled so poorly to Hughes for the last part of the first session. Broad doesn't have any weapons that I can see - doesn't swing it, doesn't get enough bounce and is a dumb bowler. Was bowling trash outside the off-stump that Hughes just murdered.

They commentators were at it all day with Swann bowling too full, but both he and Panesar were pretty disappointing from an England perspective. I expected it with Panesar, but Swann has been more than serviceable over the past year or so. Maybe it was the step up from a Windies batting lineup which is inconsistent apart from Chanders to an Aussie outfit.

First session obviously pretty important here to see if either side can push for a win, otherwise it looks pretty likely to drift out to a draw with this weekend's forecast.

http://www.myspace.com/dlmethod

It was Jiggery-Pokery-Trickery-Jokery

How did he open me up?

Robbery-Muggery-Aussie Skullduggery

Out for a buggering duck!

What a delivery

I might as well have been holding a contrabassoon

Jiggery-Pokery who is this nobody making me look a buffoon?

Like a blithering old buffoon?

These guys are officially the best thing to ever happen to cricket. :shifty:

Edited by YI