2009 Ashes Thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is hilarious...

- England are cheering when they so badly beaten it was like I watched Lesnar/Mir twice in a day. Yes the scorecard says "Match Drawn" so they didn't lose, they were just horrendously beaten.

- England scored 400+ on the first innings, and this STILL happened. FOUR HUNDRED! That's so many...

- England couldn't even take SEVEN Australian wickets let alone the twenty required to win a match (an arguement could be made for six given that Haddin fell slogging whilst looking for quick runs, but they got him, so seven.)

- Ponting was finally getting things right as a captain, and went for the jugular - at least while I was still watching.

Zaz, while we didn't win when we could have (and WOULD have, given a few more overs), there is NOTHING positive that England could take from this game. They were asked to bat for three sessions + seven overs to save that game, and they made it look like hard work on a pitch that was offering no help to the seamers and only slow turn for Hauritz. They were outbowled, out-bat and outplayed all over the park. They were absolutely shithouse and I think it shows not only the mindset of the England team, but England as a whole that they spend the aftermath of this game celebrating.

No Lee, no Clark. This was basically an Australia-A level pace attack and they dismantled England. Bring on Lords! Let's see the England of 05 for a freaking change.

Edited by Plubby

Don't be a sore drawer, Plubby! Be gracious. It might just be as good as it gets for the Aussies!!

edit: also, why wouldnt we celebrate a draw when we were down and almost out? What a silly point of view. You almost sound American.

Edited by Thomas

That...doesn't make any sense :\ I'm not mad that we drew, We played really well and I was happy with that. England played really badly..how is that being a "sore drawer" - if that were true i'd be raw about the time-wasting issue (read: non-issue)

You wouldn't because that's being too results-oriented :P You didn't win, and you played badly. That's nothing. If clutching mediocrity from the jaws of defeat is worthy of celebration, then a round of applause for you, Captain Ambitious :P

Now we get the rain, twice in a matter of 20 minutes and it's not that Australia are struggling that it comes down heavily. Just typical. It helped us draw the first test and now it's going against us here on the second test. ¬¬

Just when I was telling everyone that Flintoff was detiorating and couldn't do anything, he takes Aussies' fourth wicket. 111/4.

Edited by jakeyd2006