Baseball Mogul 2010

Discuss how frustrating this game can be when you're not playing as a team that's named the Phillies, Dodgers, Cardinals, Red Sox or Yankees. Go!

No, but seriously. I just got this game a few days ago and I've been playing games as teams that no one would consider a contender - the Pirates, Rangers (yes I know they're having a good season irl, they always have shit ones in the game), etc.

For instance, in my Rangers game I played through the majority of the 2009 season with the current roster - I traded some prospects away for starters, though - and I finished last in the division. It seems like it was my pitching doing the damage, because I inspected my pitching lineup and rarely did anybody have an ERA under 5. My offense was decent as well, few players throughout the season had batting averages below the mendoza line and if they did they got benched or optioned to Triple A, where I'd bring up a rookie to see how well they could perform.

So at the end of the season I started dealing for pitchers. Prospects for starters. Veterans for starters. Benchwarmers for starters. Cash. Whatever I could do to get starters that had better seasons than my current ones, right?

Wrong. I'm in June of 2010 with a pitching lineup that looks almost nothing like what I started with, and I've still got guys with horrible ERAs. I have one starter who has lost all 7 games he's pitched. We started the season off going 2-8 in the first 10 games, and I think we're 3rd or 4th in the division right now. I'm not sure what to do to remedy my pitching situation. :angry:

Mmmbutyes. Let's discuss our BM2010 games!

I'm straight up addicted to Baseball Mogul 2010. I started with a current day White Sox game but got quickly bored so I jumped into a historic game instead. I decided to do the 1959 Dodgers but change it so Roger Harris went there instead of New York. I'm currently in 2004 and over the years I've won 29 world series titles. My team right now includes guys I've either drafted or signed as a free agent: Derek Jeter, Craig Biggio, Shane Spencer (reigning two time MVP), Brandon Duckworth (multiple time Cy Young Winner), and Todd Walker. It's pretty crazy to see guys drafted over the years go to different teams and how it all worked out. I've had some pretty sick lineups with Pete Rose playing 22 years with me and winning something like 19 gold gloves during that time. I had Dave Winfield who scored something like 7 MVP awards. It's also pretty cool how you can go into some serious slumps. Even though I had some crazy talent I went like 8 straight years without making the playoffs.

My current game though started in 1901 with the Baltimor Orioles. I'm in 1954 right now and some big names have started to pop up like Sandy Kofax. Guys like Babe Ruth did nothing in their career, he spent most of it injured. Lou Gerhig had a few good seasons with me after I picked him up in a trade for Paul Derringer. Derringer was a monster though, 25 seasons with almost 400 wins. It's going to be fun getting to present day with this team.

My next game will probably be with the Mariners as an expansion team.

Awesome. I was thinking of doing an expansion game, but I haven't gotten around to it. I think maybe after I tire of my Rangers game I'm going to start one as the Nationals and see how many years it takes me to turn them around.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Well I can take the expansion Blue Jays to top of the division within a decade, and then rattle off a dozen World Series victories in a row, so obviously it's not that tough. :shifty:

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Well I can take the expansion Blue Jays to top of the division within a decade, and then rattle off a dozen World Series victories in a row, so obviously it's not that tough. :shifty:

On which difficulty :shifty:

:(

I love it. Since I don't have a system of any kind and I'm obsessed with sports, I play the game quite a bit. Most recently, I've been trucking threw "playing" all of the games and got an entire season done with the Cardinals. I started the 2nd season but haven't played that game a whole lot lately.

I have been playing as the Marlins though and through 2 seasons, I finished a couple of games within .500 but the team is extremely young and I'm building for the future. My pitching staff has talent but my young position players need to develop which should happen within the next year or so.

Can anyone help me out when it comes to editing guys? I check the commish thing and it takes me to a screen where I input stats. Even if I input the stats none of the buttons I'm pressing seem to be improving anyone. Any help?

Was looking at baseball mogul on wikipedia and I saw this -

Expansion - Play any of the 14 expansion teams that developed between 1961 and 1998.

What does that mean?

You can play as teams like the Devil Rays, Mariners, Marlins, etc. during their first season in the league.

Wow...I bought the download version of it since it was cheap. Damn..first time I've played this game and I love it