FIFA 10

Baddar

I can't play on Manager Mode. Firstly, I just want to play football, I can't be fucked with transfers and the like. I'd buy Championship Manager to do that. Secondly, my TV isn't HD. The text is too blurred to read. It's a shame the proper football league system with promotions and relegation is within that instead of the tournament mode. Oh well.

I'm still taking time to get used to FIFA again. I haven't played it in five years... Which is my excuse for why I lost 7-0 to Bury last night. Looks like I will be the Funaki of any EWB FIFA activities. >_<

With a record of 9-0-1, without using any 5 star teams, i'm Ireland's no.142,! Woo go me!

The guy who's no.1 in the world has boosted to 105 wins already, in 2 days. Now, that's dedication.

Edited by The Cool One

Does anyone know how to do the two different types of crosses? I assumed that it just meant two crosses, but other than bombing down the right and crossing to a striker... I have no idea what else I should do.

Surely it can't just be bomb down the left?

On another note, can anyone explain the skill move thing in a small amount of detail? I know I can get past players with them but they never seem to register as skill moves... what's the easiest to try and practise with?

Does anyone know how to do the two different types of crosses? I assumed that it just meant two crosses, but other than bombing down the right and crossing to a striker... I have no idea what else I should do.

Surely it can't just be bomb down the left?

On another note, can anyone explain the skill move thing in a small amount of detail? I know I can get past players with them but they never seem to register as skill moves... what's the easiest to try and practise with?

Pick a guy like Van Persie as your arena player and just muck about there with skills so you know which skill you do when you move the stick a certain way.

Does anyone else find it kinda hard to break down teams for a while, then a goal goes in and it's all one way traffic.

Sunderland vs. Newcastle

Man Utd vs. Man City

Both times I've took a while to break them down despite dominating, maybe to about the 60th minute or so. Get a goal and then suddenly they flow, won both matches 3-0 in the end but it tooks its time.

Need to get my online hooked back up, now that I have a working copy of FIFA again. :D

I think I've worked out the skill move problem, I didn't realise there was an in depth guide as to how to get a higher skill rating (I was stuck on 3* before)

This means I can now go about doing the things I was thinking of doing before but technically couldn't. Plus now I can do backheel passes and such I'll be able to up my ball skill which in turn improves my dribbling skills.

These accomplishments are pretty addictive ¬_¬

Read what it says, go as far away from the goalkeeper as possible, stop the ball then follow the directions on your controller WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE SCREEN.

Then you know exactly what you are doing, a light flick down, holding the stick up then flicking the stick up again.

Voila, it's done... and if it isn't try again.

I know how to do it, it just doesn't come off. My guy flicks the ball up and it hits him on the back or elbow. It's annoying, it's the only one I have left to do.

Speaking of your pro, I like that you can turn him off during manager mode. Is there a way to do it for everything other than Be A Pro? I don't like playing as Leeds and seeing myself on there during exhibitions.

Just found I can set him to be a free agent. That'll work.

Just picked this up today. Hadn't played the demo or anything so I chose it over Pro Evo purely on word of mouth. Have to say i'm glad I did.

Absolutely love the way the game flows, it feels more like football than ever. The way the players move intelligently into space, and the way defenders close you down is really true to life. Saying that, I dont think a whole lot has changed since last year, but the few changes there are have made it an infinitely better game. Loving how much harder shooting seems, particularly headers/volleys. No longer is Ji Sung Park smashing a first time, chest high volley into the top corner from 18 yards. Now I've got Michael Owen and Patrice Evra missing headers from 6 yards and Wayne Rooney practically air shotting after the ball got away from him.

I've played a few games on professional against Madrid and won all but one. THe game just generally feels more fun this year. I feel like I can score some really fantastic goals. THe little things are awesome too, like the way defenders adjust their bodies to intercept a pass. Anyhow, time for manager mode. World class for both difficulties methinks, anyone know what the board difficulty affects? Is it just your budgets or do they expect more from you in terms of performance etc?

It's not as if he played over 105 games, he's boosting, i.e using 2 accounts and getting free wins with a 1/2 star team over a 5 star team, takes less time, but is still sad. I'm ranked 8358 with a record of 12-1-2 BTW, which is cool. I haen't touched any offline modes yet, I will once I make a better game face now I've got a better picture of myself.

Lower skilled people have a better chance at a fluke win online this year. I just played my first online game and the guy had a lucky goal with David Villa when I gathered the ball from him but somehow the ball bounced back on his heel or something and he was suddenly alone in front of the goal. The rest of the damn game I dominated but only managed one goal, because the CPU does way more for you this year defensive wise, so he was helped by that. An example is the pass when you hold LT (I think) so your player immediately runs on, this year the defender usually runs with them so it's harder to take advantage of that. The dude won, I got a rematch and easily beat him, was just silly.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I can't play on Manager Mode. Firstly, I just want to play football, I can't be fucked with transfers and the like. I'd buy Championship Manager to do that. Secondly, my TV isn't HD. The text is too blurred to read. It's a shame the proper football league system with promotions and relegation is within that instead of the tournament mode. Oh well.

I'm still taking time to get used to FIFA again. I haven't played it in five years... Which is my excuse for why I lost 7-0 to Bury last night. Looks like I will be the Funaki of any EWB FIFA activities. >_<

There's no shame in losing to Bury! :D

Still, some EWB FIFA activites would be good. I'm a novice when it comes to FIFA games. The last one I actually owned was FIFA 98: RTWC!

Does anyone know which teams/players have fake names in the game?

Initial impressions are that getting the right power for shots are difficult. Mine either seem to be more like passes or are blasts over the bar.

Also, is there a way to do low crosses or ground ones?

There ought to be a method of 'releasing' some players. I downloaded the latest squad updates and it still has Jordan Robertson at Bury, who some of you may know was only on loan there and has now been jailed for 36 months anyway!