FIFA 10

Baddar

So I was just playing Fifa 10 and reached the end of the match getting your bog-standard "and a very goodbye to you all" right then my girlfriend chimed in with I hate when he says that it makes me feel depressed. :lol: :lol: Any one else feel this way when Andy Gray says goodbye???

Is the Irish League in it? I doubt it, because they highly under-rate it and they;d all be shit/useless anyway.

Yes they are.

About the Irish league, who here has actually played that league....ever? It seems like a pointless addition. The Russian league would have been 10 times better. Hell, the Romanian league would have been better considering they actually have half decent teams.

The entire Irish population, who buy FIFA in their droves would argue with you. It's not as if the Irish League being there prevents the Russian League from being added, that's a whole other license issue. When they were added there was a big hype over here and no doubt it shifted extra copies over here no doubt, moreso than League 2's addition in England I'd argue.

I forgot all about Ultimate Team. How does it work again?

I remember trialling it and it was okay but I stopped playing FIFA not long after and put my 360 to the side for a while.

I fancy getting back to it as I'm sick of ranked matches and everyone beelining to Barca when I'd rather have a Hoffenheim vs. Getafe match myself :-\

Well, the Russian League will be in FIFA 11, so I hear. They obtained the license for it too late to put it into the next-gen console versions of the game, but it's on the PS2 version.

^ This. They simply didn't get the deal done in time to be able to put them into the next gen consoles. They're like 99.9% confirmed for 11.

I'm absolutely loving my 4-4-1-1 "Eastern Bloc FU"

Pulled an in form Vusinic and a guy offered my Arshavin (3K coins and some silver guy) for my 4-4-2 Ferdinand I had up for sale. That's what spurned it. Managed to pull a Zhirkov out of a pack and got Drobny and Corluka out of packs as well. Put together the rest of the team (I'll post it later, can't remember off the top of my head everybody) for fairly cheap. And yes, Baros is my backup striker ... I love that guy. Any hooters, this team is easily the most fun to play with and holy shit are they good.

I've got a CONCACAF team and a CONMEBOL team as well. I also enjoy my CS Fjord ... all the scandi's .... Lovenkrads is amazing.

Let's just say it's a good thing we can have 15 squads.

Oh, rocksta ... who do you have in your UT ? Since you don't really like it anymore.

:angry:

I started a new manager mode and decided to try and get the 5 major league titles achievement. I started with Real Madrid and got the title there but when I try and move on to a different club (which amount to Accrington Stanley and Cork City right now. 2 league titles, 3 Spanish cups and 2 Champions League isn't enough to warrant something above 2.5 stars?) I experience some trouble.

My new club is in 2 billion pounds of debt.

Thing is, when I try and buy a player, the balance turns into a positive 2b pounds. I just can't use it because the wage budget will be shit. Doesn't work on club improvements or loans though, it turns back to debt.

I may have to make a spin off of my Leeds save where my manager is something like 4.5 stars. I should be able to jump to a better club and it wont be glitched, unless anyone else has experienced something similar?

Yeah, that's a rare glitch that hasn't been fixed even though the FIFA team has acknowledged it. I moved from Wolverhampton to fucking Barcelona, and got that glitch, which basically killed all interest for me.

My friend has had that happen to him four or five times in eight MM seasons. It especially sucks because your base fitness ratings almost always suck and you can't upgrade shit.

There is a slight possibility that something was amiss on my end. I seemed to have an issue staying connected to the EA servers whilst playing, well, it said I wasn't connected and I never bothered to re-connect caus I was only playing MM. Maybe there exists some form of black hole where the patch doesn't count if you're not connected to the servers? Would be weird mind you but seems vaguely plausible knowing EA.

This bug can be avoided if you turn autosave off.

Save your game before the last game of the season and play it, then advance to next season. If the bug has affected you, go back and play that last game again (or sim it until you get the result you had when you played the game, whichever you prefer) then advance. Quite a few people I've spoken to have said that the bug hasn't happened twice in a row to them at the end of the same season.

It pains me so much that year after year they promise a comprehensive bug free Manager Mode, yet year after year it's horribly unrealistic and cintains a game breaking bug. It wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't the same company who makes Madden who's Franchise mode is almost perfect a this stage as a not overly complicated season simulation mode. Why the hell can't they do the same for FIFA?

After the sucky 09 MM, I honestly believed the FIFA 10 MM would be very playable. Granted, it's 50x more playable than last year after they fixed some of the bugs (6 out of 75, some would say) but it's still not as good as it should be.

I always buy the new release on the day, but with the enjoyment I'm getting out of UT this year, and will no doubt get out of the World Cup game, I'm not so eager to buy FIFA 11 straight away this time. It'll take some strong marketing of it for me to pick it up on day one. No doubt they'll feed everyone with plenty to get us excited though. :/

This bug can be avoided if you turn autosave off.

Save your game before the last game of the season and play it, then advance to next season. If the bug has affected you, go back and play that last game again (or sim it until you get the result you had when you played the game, whichever you prefer) then advance. Quite a few people I've spoken to have said that the bug hasn't happened twice in a row to them at the end of the same season.

The fact that you even have to do that is stupid as fuck.

I've never seen the appeal of manager mode, but I think that's because I have FM to satisfy that need for me.

For me FIFA is just about playing the game and nothing else. I hate sorting formations and teams before matches, and one of my friends is criminal for it, moving players around manually, changing settings. I just want to pass it around and win.

Ultimate Team I can deal with because you're constantly switching your team around it has a different element to it so it's a bit more interesting. May have a go on that later actually.