FIFA 10

Baddar

Imagine how much more fun FiFa would be if the majority of people actually was able to play and not just cheating all the time. It´s really sad that you have to look out more for defending against gameplay and logic flaws being abused than against skill full fotty... and when you score two goals against them anyway, they quit you. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or do you have to play two, three houres to get one good game out of Fifa online as well? Good as in not being cheated, quitted or just taking your opponent apart.

I assume Fifa10 did not fix this?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Never had a problem with cheating on FIFA 10. When I lose it's because the other player is better than me. They took the one thing that irked me (automatic goals from the halfway line) out.

A couple of things I'd like them to fix is goalkeepers and referees. I like how goalkeepers can make blunders like real life but they happen far too often. This is most notable in pro club games, partly because the randomly generated CPU players are always like 5'2'' which is just ridiculous for centre halves and goalies.

It seems like with the higher difficulties the referees get worse which, sure, makes it more difficult but I'd like it to be difficult through my opponent playing well rather than being screwed by the referee. Again in club games I've had some horrible decisions, some teams getting decisions that the other team doesn't get when a worse offence is committed. And again, it may be realistic in that refs don't always get the decision right but it happens far too often.

Yeah, i know the automatic goals from the halfway line deal, they always try it but i never actualy caught a goal. There is other stuff like grabing free packs for all 99 Teams on Ultimate Team (so they can´t outplay you but they can outrun you and the players shooting skill is good enough to make up for them barly placing the shot), "camping" in front of the goaly wether it´s for a goal kick or the goaly has the ball in his hands. Crossing in the same corner over and over again...

It´s extremly rar that i actualy get outplayed by someone with tricks, driblings, lops, freekicks and passing (thats more than just an atempt of countering over and over again). And i guss thats sad becaus Fifa has become a very solid game compared to what it was for the... last 13 years before.

Training is removed from Ultimate team this year so well see about your first complaint. It's not even out yet. The whole standing in front of the goalie thing while they punt is rarely possible and if you pass it to someone standing in front of your player from the goal kick that's hardly them cheating more like you being careless. Crossing in the same corner over and over again? I'm not sure what that means.

The whole standing in front of the goalie thing while they punt is rarely possible

Dossent matter, it´s like shooting from the middle line, they always try it. It´s sending a msg that you are not looking for a good game, just for the easiest possible win there is.

and if you pass it to someone standing in front of your player from the goal kick that's hardly them cheating more like you being careless.

I disagree.

1. In real soccer people just don´t use the short kick all the time/just don´t attack the opponents defence line like that. Every now and than, ok... maybe thats just me loving the simulation game - think of it like not spinning wen you play table soccer, sure you could but it´s not considered a nice thing to do.

2. In real soccer your defence would not just stand around like they are trees if they get attacked like this. It´s a flaw in the games logic and when you abuse this it´s cheating.

Of cause this is easy to avoid, but yet again - a clear msg of "I don´t want to have a good game, I want to win by all means necessary"

Crossing in the same corner over and over again? I'm not sure what that means.

If you hit a corner directly to the far post the goaly will never catch it. Esp. with two human players in a team it´s an easy goal sooner or later.

But as I said, these are more signals of not playing fair. The biggest problem are people that just cheat themselves into an all 99 Team, because if you have players that can run and shoot really well and you ad the dreaded cheat tactics to that you will score goals against a weaker team sooner or later unless the player is very good (which I am not ;-). - Would be nice if that actually get´s fixed by no more training (i have to say that the training itself is a nice idea, being able to build bronze players... pretty neat) , but i would expect that people will just collect teams of the very best players and very soon you will see a team facing itself... a lot. ;-)

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The whole standing in front of the goalie thing while they punt is rarely possible

Dossent matter, it´s like shooting from the middle line, they always try it. It´s sending a msg that you are not looking for a good game, just for the easiest possible win there is.

and if you pass it to someone standing in front of your player from the goal kick that's hardly them cheating more like you being careless.

I disagree.

1. In real soccer people just don´t use the short kick all the time/just don´t attack the opponents defence line like that. Every now and than, ok... maybe thats just me loving the simulation game - think of it like not spinning wen you play table soccer, sure you could but it´s not considered a nice thing to do.

2. In real soccer your defence would not just stand around like they are trees if they get attacked like this. It´s a flaw in the games logic and when you abuse this it´s cheating.

Of cause this is easy to avoid, but yet again - a clear msg of "I don´t want to have a good game, I want to win by all means necessary"

Crossing in the same corner over and over again? I'm not sure what that means.

If you hit a corner directly to the far post the goaly will never catch it. Esp. with two human players in a team it´s an easy goal sooner or later.

But as I said, these are more signals of not playing fair. The biggest problem are people that just cheat themselves into an all 99 Team, because if you have players that can run and shoot really well and you ad the dreaded cheat tactics to that you will score goals against a weaker team sooner or later unless the player is very good (which I am not ;-). - Would be nice if that actually get´s fixed by no more training (i have to say that the training itself is a nice idea, being able to build bronze players... pretty neat) , but i would expect that people will just collect teams of the very best players and very soon you will see a team facing itself... a lot. ;-)

With the putting it forcibly moves the player now so it just doesn't really exist though. If the complaint is that for a second you can see them veering towards the goalie. that's just nitpicky.

And the goal kick while it's cheat it can be completely avoided I just don't understand the complaint. Even if you get the message of "Don't want to have a good game" or whatever it just doesn't matter as it not a factor really. It would be less realistic if they didn't allow the defenders to block the passes and if your defenders started just running around it would lead to all sorts of chaos. There is no real way around it gameplay wise.

Corners are a lot better in this one.

And about Ultimate Team there is nothing you can really do it's an added game mode. If people want to spend money that's them. I read that there are filters now though so lower ranked team can play lower ranked teams. And with the ability to keep multiple squads I figure there should be more variety.

How many PS3 users are buying UT tomorrow? Yes, it's an "online game mode" but 90% of the games I do play in UT will be offline matches against the CPU. I'm not interested in working to make my team half decent, just to play guys who have their super squads because they spent their wages on gold packs.

Those who bought it last year get two gold packs free upon the purchase of UT 10 though, so that will help a bit. Also, for those that don't know, the player training has been taken out this year, which is a good move IMO. That just means there won't be any max'd out players available. Your Ronaldo will be the same as everyone elses, not with acceleration/sprint speed slower than the guy you face.

And the goal kick while it's cheat it can be completely avoided I just don't understand the complaint. Even if you get the message of "Don't want to have a good game" or whatever it just doesn't matter as it not a factor really. It would be less realistic if they didn't allow the defenders to block the passes and if your defenders started just running around it would lead to all sorts of chaos. There is no real way around it gameplay wise.

The game is build around 9-10 AI players acting based on what's happening on the field. Why wouldn't it work here? It´s not like a real player would be just standing there if this would happen. It´s a flaw and people try to abuse it.

But again, maybe it´s just me wanting to play a "true" simulation game while others just want to play FIFA which essentially always has been a cheaters game. I even remember this with a game as old as FIFA 96. Playing it offline and friends being very proud about how they could beat every team when they were just standing in front of the goaly blocking the shot (which was possible pretty much on every attempt back in the day).

• Like 1

The game is build around 9-10 AI players acting based on what's happening on the field. Why wouldn't it work here? It´s not like a real player would be just standing there if this would happen. It´s a flaw and people try to abuse it.

But again, maybe it´s just me wanting to play a "true" simulation game while others just want to play FIFA which essentially always has been a cheaters game. I even remember this with a game as old as FIFA 96. Playing it offline and friends being very proud about how they could beat every team when they were just standing in front of the goaly blocking the shot (which was possible pretty much on every attempt back in the day).

In fairness though, it's also 'cheap' to constantly play a short goal kick and if you do, you're not much better than the guy waiting in front of the defender to snatch it. No doubt I agree it's annoying when they do this, but I find a great way round it. It's called not playing the short pass (Y)

• Like 2

In fairness though, it's also 'cheap' to constantly play a short goal kick and if you do, you're not much better than the guy waiting in front of the defender to snatch it. No doubt I agree it's annoying when they do this, but I find a great way round it. It's called not playing the short pass (Y)

I actualy already said that a cupple of days ago. Might have been lost in translation with my german english of germannes. ;-(

What a shitty limit on the characters available on the team name. Ample Salty United is too long so it has to be Utd. :angry:

I suppose whilst i'm here i'll let the word be known that i'll be looking for the Blackburn home kit, unless there's another kit in the world that has Blue/White halves or quarters.

I'll also be after a logo that is rounded, ideally with a football being prominent in there. I'll go find the logo AD made for me for comparison.

1g15w3.png

Low res FTW.

What a shitty limit on the characters available on the team name. Ample Salty United is too long so it has to be Utd. :angry:

I suppose whilst i'm here i'll let the word be known that i'll be looking for the Blackburn home kit, unless there's another kit in the world that has Blue/White halves or quarters.

I'll also be after a logo that is rounded, ideally with a football being prominent in there. I'll go find the logo AD made for me for comparison.

1g15w3.png

Low res FTW.

I have the Fulham logo for you :pervert: Is there any way to swap the kits you already have? 'Cause I have one black kit, two red kits, but the game chose both red kits, which is kinda lame if you need another color :lol:

I got the Mexican legend Omar Bravo (Y) First game now, 1-0 up by Dzemaili or something, pretty good player.

Edited by The Quasi Juice