FIFA 10

Baddar

Yeah, semi assisted shooting is the way forward. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you have the hang of it, it's much better.

There's no wonder people complain about the post being hit so often, when they're using assisted shooting. You could be aiming for the corner flag and it'd still go towards the bar.

I'm loving this game online, no more can people hide behind dream teams and glitches. I've powered my way to a 3854 ranking and 64th in Ireland to boot, start this EWB tournament while I'm still on form!

Edited by The Cool One

Didn't I beat you last time we played a game of FIFA? >_>

But yeah, I'm finding that I'm getting more wins than last year, because there are less people glitching or hiding behind dream teams, as you say. I had a small run of three losses in getting the play as 5 different teams in a row trophy, but other than that, I've won a lot of my most recent games. Don't play it online often enough to really make a run up the boards though, really.

Had a good game last night, where I played as Fulham against someone's Villa. I went 3-0 up in 20 minutes, and missed a couple of good chances to further the lead, the guy fought back to 3-2, I hit the post in the 86th minute, and he scored in the 90th. Extra time, I managed to nick one more goal with Johnson, and hold on for the win.

I wish I had XBOX Live so I could get the patch, some of the stuff in Manager Mode is getting on my nerves now.

And the 'reputation' system is stupid too. I went on a good run towards the end of my first season and got up to 2 stars, yet a narrow 1-0 loss to Preston, who are third, caused me to lose 5 rep points, knocking me back down to 1 and a half stars. o_O

EWB FC Needs to have a game, we have 9 players. Tonight anyone?

It sucks I suddenly had dinner, but you got the win so you're probably okay with it :P But it was really one of the most laggy games I've ever been in in FIFA10, which is weird considering you're UK.

EDIT: Just a tip for everyone, when someone picks Spain, just leave, because they are by FAR the best team in the game, it's just stupid how Torres wins every fumble ball etc

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Finished my first full season with Doncaster, a late losing run saw me fall and finish 8th but that's fine since the objective was to survive relegation. I've finally managed to get some players signed too-brought in Alex Smithies from Huddersfield, Kavan Hurst from Carlisle and Jordan Cook from Darlo. Also got Gavin Hoyte on a free transfer. Not any big names from big clubs, but they've got good stats and should fit into the squad I've already got.

Might try to see if I can properly get into my Be-A-Pro career in a bit, still find it better than the new Virtual Pro, which just bores me.

ok, the semi asst shooting is better, but still a bit "off" at times.

It's like I can't ever really get where the axis is. I'll hold a direction and shoot and sometimes there's just no way that's where I was aiming. The adding spin however (while needs getting used to still) is a nice touch.

I started a new MM game with Bristol Rovers earlier. Christ, the stamina levels in the lower leagues is shocking. It's annoying how just because the players are rated lower, that they can't have high fitness levels. I've managed to get the fitness coaching up to about 8 and hopefully I'll be able to increase it again in time, but at the moment I still need to rotate every game or so. :/

I've won 3, drawn 1 in the league so far, so all is going good. I've got my VP playing for the side as well, who's my highest rated player at 70.

He's had about 4 glorious chances to score in the games I've played up to now, but spurned them all sadly. Kuffour has scored 3 for me already though.

Before the transfer window closed I picked up a few new players on free transfers. Hope they can prove to be decent replacements.

Talking of replacements, in a game when Kuffour was fucked, I brought in Daryl Duffy to take his place. Surprisingly very good. Quite quick and strong enough to hold off the defenders, exactly what I need.

Will probably carry on tomorrow. There's something about the lower leagues that I prefer in FIFA.

This is getting very frustrating ... my players lose every tussle for the ball, can't hold position, and suck at shooting.

I only play on professional, but that level is very much where I'm at.

After a couple of nice "open" matches when I switched the shooting, things are right back to where it was before. No matter who I'm playing the keepers are stupendous. I've got a little better thanks to the finesse shot, but damn this is getting frustrating.

I started a new MM game with Bristol Rovers earlier. Christ, the stamina levels in the lower leagues is shocking. It's annoying how just because the players are rated lower, that they can't have high fitness levels. I've managed to get the fitness coaching up to about 8 and hopefully I'll be able to increase it again in time, but at the moment I still need to rotate every game or so. :/

I've won 3, drawn 1 in the league so far, so all is going good. I've got my VP playing for the side as well, who's my highest rated player at 70.

He's had about 4 glorious chances to score in the games I've played up to now, but spurned them all sadly. Kuffour has scored 3 for me already though.

Before the transfer window closed I picked up a few new players on free transfers. Hope they can prove to be decent replacements.

Talking of replacements, in a game when Kuffour was fucked, I brought in Daryl Duffy to take his place. Surprisingly very good. Quite quick and strong enough to hold off the defenders, exactly what I need.

Will probably carry on tomorrow. There's something about the lower leagues that I prefer in FIFA.

Couldn't agree more about the stamina in lower leagues, which I'm sure I read about being fixed for this game. I started an MM as Stockport County in League 1 and it's shocking after a few games. I've had to sign a few on loan (after letting a couple go as I'd never play them) to make the numbers up.