FIFA 10

Baddar

I haven't had a CPU freekick go in for a while now actually :shifty: I still think form is fucked up in MM. One player of my team (newly made game) got two's 7's in a row and he was still out of form. What else do you have to do to go one up? It's still the same as before the patch for me, the bench and the reserves are all out of form etc and I'm pretty sure I downloaded the patch.

Macclesfield League Cup Heroics

So I ballsed up and missed the actual goal on the replay but still some good proof of my Macclesfield sides' giant killing. Emile Sinclair sends an 80th minute looping header over Petr Cech, the ball hits the crossbar, hits the keeper on the back and bobbles in. I was out of my seat. :D

Edit - Naturally my next game is a dour 0-0 draw at home to Accrington... :angry:

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I haven't had a CPU freekick go in for a while now actually shifty.gif I still think form is fucked up in MM. One player of my team (newly made game) got two's 7's in a row and he was still out of form. What else do you have to do to go one up? It's still the same as before the patch for me, the bench and the reserves are all out of form etc and I'm pretty sure I downloaded the patch.

With the form I don't think it's going to be so much a visible fix in terms of the way the arrows end up pointing, it's just they won't be so crippled because it no longer affects the key attributes as much.

Edited by Baddar D

Haha Macclesfield march on with a win over Pompey in the League Cup 4th round :D

Loving this MM game right now... though mixed feelings over beating both Chelsea and Portsmouth. On the one hand, they were proper cup upsets... i.e. my keeper was awesome, they hit the post, bar, everything and I had 1 shot on target and 1 goal (goals in both games coming from fortune/keeping mistakes). But on the other hand, I'm playing on Legendary difficulty. Just feels like it should be harder.

Saying that, I'm still only 3rd in League 2 having played more games than the sides around me.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Heh, I must say, I felt similar to you when I beat Man City with Newcastle, because it was on Legendary and the win was quite comfortable. Not to mention I rested quite a few of my main players and was on a 4 or 5 game winless run in the league.

I think the problem is that when you play against teams of a higher star rating than you, they never stay tight enough at the back because they play attack minded and try to get a goal, whereas those on the same/lesser level than your own tend to be happy for the 0-0 until the first goal goes in, which is how so many games against the CPU remain tight.

Since Bilbao's real life transfer restrictions don't appear to be mirrored in the game, I can't be arsed doing a manager mode with them. With the new patch who should I begin a manager mode with?

I'm tempted to go as Fiorentina who are my current team of choice, they're a good standard but with room to improve (they're a bit slow imo) so that could maybe be a good task. A Europa League standard team would be preferable, any suggestions?

I always have fun in the Bundesliga ... that, or the Dutch :)

:blush:

I still find MM a bit poo, the patch didn't really fix form which was a big gamebreaker for me because once all your players are out of form in Legendary playing against teams with full positive form are annoying. I just started a game with Notts County, my striker Hughes went into the game with positive form, he scores 3 goals and got a perfect 10, next thing you know in Team Management he went DOWN IN FORM, ffs, that is just incredibly sloppy.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I think I've started to fall in love with free kicks. I went almost a fortnight without scoring a single one and then scored 4 in one night (one of which being possibly the greatest goal I've ever scored) ... then since that night I've been VERY close but not close enough. Today I just casually looped the ball over the goalkeepers head from about 37 yards out without even thinking about it.

I think I've got it, it's taken ages to get the feel right, but once you know how far away the free-kick is, you're pretty much guaranteed a great shot on goal, especially if you're up against someone playing 5 in defence.

Plus, once you work out how far back a free-kick is and how far the power bar is being pressed you can even work out how to perfectly defend free-kicks AGAINST you by deciding not to jump if it's going to go over or whether they're planning to tap it under the wall.

Is this online or offline?

offline ...

all of my goals (save two or three) have been rebounds or shots that "get under" the keeper and go off the underside of his arm or leg.

I mean I've even done an exhibition with drastically lopsides teams just to check it out and ... uh, wow yeah no difference.