10 best Post-Rock Bands

Ignition

...Godspeed are like the worst band ever. :shifty:

Depending on definition of 'post-rock', I'd personally throw American Football, Efterklang, Kyte, Don Cabellero and The Appleseed Cast out there too. All awesome in different ways to your 'average' post-rock band.

As for new stuff, I'm really loving Dorena, Nordlight (more electronic/ambient though), Sunlight Ascending, A New Silent Corporation and Codes In The Clouds.

Edited by YI

...Godspeed are like the worst band ever. :shifty:

I agree. After listening to F(number sign)A(number sign) Infinity, I wonder if Godspeed only care about how long their tracks are. I'm sure 17 minute songs, with distinct pauses in the middle so that's cheating anyway, did wonders to their indie cred.

Also, the list lacks Gregor Samsa, therefore it fails.

Reading a list article gives me that sensation like the moment after you've just finished wanking and, as the glinting specks of semen slowly dry and form a flaky crust in your bush, you glimpse the essential condition of Man: an endless juxtaposition of desires which cannot be articulated, overlayed upon a barren canvas of grinding solitude.

Slint are quite good, aren't they?

Edited by Emperor Fuckshit

I wouldn't call it 'instrumental'. "Post-Rock" is basically something of a 'nothing' genre, as it's basically impossible to define...but you tend to 'know' when a band is 'post-rock', it's weird, there's just this 'sound' to it. Seeing as the likes of Sigur Ros, Jeniferever, iLiKETRAiNS, Kyte, Appleseed Cast and Efterklang (and much more) are generally classed as post-rock and all feature prominent vocal work.

Although I do concede like 90% of 'post-rock' bands are instrumental, but I wouldn't really define the 'genre' as such.

And on that note...ALL I EVER WANTED TO DO!!! WAS PLAY CHESS WITH YOU!!!

Edited by YI