AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

But on the same principle. Rick did what she had herself wanted and Carl saved Rick by shooting Zombie Shane in the head. Be sorry that your boy had to do it but you live in a world with Zombies and death all around. So there isnt any way your going to shield your child from it crazy Lori!

Thats nonsense. I dont care what kind of world it is now. I'm not going to be ok with my son having to shoot the guy who was basically his second dad for a while. Cant just chalk that up to "oh well Zombies now". You're going to be upset.

I'm guessing they didn't reveal Michonne's face because they haven't casted the actress yet. However great introduction to her character very reminiscent to her first appearance in the comic. She's definitely one of my favorite characters and I hope they do her justice. Great finale and can't wait for Season 3.

They just announced her casting on Talking Dead. I didn't recognize the actress.

If you've ever seen Treme before, she played Jill (Delmond's on-again off-again girlfriend) last season.

Well that's the thing. It wasn't that guy anymore. It was a zombie. Shane was dead already and had risen back up. Maybe it's just difference of opinion on it but if I had a son which I dont. Id want to protect him but i'd also want him to be capable and able of killing a zombie if need be and not freezing up or wind up with others dying because he can't. Eh it's a tough grey area I know. I think alot of it is because of how annoying and irritated most are with how Lori's character is. I know that I wasn't a fan of her character in the books/comics and I like her less on TV

Well that's the thing. It wasn't that guy anymore. It was a zombie. Shane was dead already and had risen back up. Maybe it's just difference of opinion on it but if I had a son which I dont. Id want to protect him but i'd also want him to be capable and able of killing a zombie if need be and not freezing up or wind up with others dying because he can't. Eh it's a tough grey area I know. I think alot of it is because of how annoying and irritated most are with how Lori's character is. I know that I wasn't a fan of her character in the books/comics and I like her less on TV

Yes a random Zombie. Not one of your best friends. Theres a difference between teaching your son how to shoot a gun and knowing that he had to shoot someone he knew. That has to effect you on some level.

Outside of wrestling, I have never stood out of my seat, cheering like a buffoon, until Michonne showed up. Maybe it's just due to the fact that I know and love the character in the books, so seeing her in real life triggered it, but it was wonderful. I did the same once I saw the Prison, but that may have just been overlap from the Michonne reveal and Rick's dictator speech. Loved this finale. Gave enough closure to allow me to be comfortable with waiting until Fall, but still has me pumped to see season 3.

On the Lori/Rick/Shane thing, here's what Robert Kirkman had to say:

TVLINE | Lori’s disgust over Rick killing Shane confused me a little. Didn’t she just a few episodes ago all but order Rick to whack him?

A lot of that anger [she's expressing] could be directed at herself. I think she feels partially responsible for sending these two men on a path. That’s the moment where she found out that Shane was dead. And not only did she find out that Shane was dead, but her husband totally killed the guy! This was a family friend. This was a guy that used to come over on weekends and watch football in the house and things like that. It was a really emotional moment that is going to drive her a little batty. Having to handle those emotions and looking at the guy that kind of caused the situation, she’s not going to be considering, “Oh, yeah. I did this. I should calm down.” She has these emotions and she doesn’t know what to do with them.

Has season 3 been confirmed for this Fall? I missed the talking dead, and haven't read anything about it coming back this year. I know there's going to be a third season but figured it wouldn't air until January, with all the new shows coming to AMC. I hope that's not the case though.

Has season 3 been confirmed for this Fall? I missed the talking dead, and haven't read anything about it coming back this year. I know there's going to be a third season but figured it wouldn't air until January, with all the new shows coming to AMC. I hope that's not the case though.

Yes it was confirmed for the Fall on Talking Dead

Yes it was confirmed for the Fall on Talking Dead

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up.

That was an incredible finale!

I don't know who the Michonne character is as I haven't read the books, but I can already tell she's cool as shit! It was a crazy moment that made me actually say, "Who the FUCK is that?" out loud to nobody else in the room. And I think it's absolutely GENIUS that they shot it with a stand-in (as revealed in the interview Cloudy quoted earlier) and revealed who is playing her after so that the element of surprise remains in-tact.

I've seen mention of the prison in this thread before, and, though, I have no idea what it entails, it sent chills down my spine just thinking of what's gonna go down there.

The interview Cloudy quoted also revealed that the most likely plan for Season 3 is 8 episodes in the fall and 8 episodes in the winter.

Interview is here: http://ow.ly/9JmgU

Oh and totally unrelated but fuck off Mad Men. You're not going to convince me I'll like you because I like Walking Dead. Please give up now.

Making a joke-y commercial as crosspromotion! THOSE FIENDS.

Considering I usually record The Walking Dead on my DVR I don't watch the commercials but I've seen the commercial and I don't see any problem with it. I think they had similar commercials for The Walking Dead's return during episodes of Breaking Bad. It's a nice way to try to get people to watch their other original programs.

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

Yup. AMC does a lot of that. Also this reminds me I need to start a Mad Men thread.

I really liked the finale. I think I expected more deaths but at the same time I don't think I wanted them? The right characters die and the fake-outs were all very well done.

I genuinely thought Beth was going to die too as a result of Patricia latching on to her hand. She was expendable-but-slightly-developed enough that I genuinely cared if she died.

And, of course, the character debut at the end! Magnificent.

Oh my god...that episode....just....oh my god!

From beginning to end, I loved that episode! I liked seeing how the zombies got there, was interesting. It was also super tense, you had no idea who was going to live or die! Michonne...is that the person with the katana? She seems badass and I like her already! And Rick's dictator speech? Wonderful! Who are you to doubt Rick?!

:angry: