Europa League 09-10 Thread

Pretty much yeah! (to Clawson)

The go to response when Lucas does something "BUT HE IS SHIT". Ugh, I hate these pundits and I don't know who they are.

Sigh. I'm completely gutted. But Liverpool deserved the win. The Benfica players were exhausted, and it showed, especially Ramires and Luisão. The Portuguese championship isn't like the English, we usually have week-long intervals between games, and the players aren't used to this schedule. We played on Monday (I still don't know why they won't allow games on Easter Sunday when almost every other European competition proceeds as scheduled) and it showed.

Still had a flicker of hope when we scored the 3-1, but Liverpool's counterattacks were deadly.

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. It's certainly no shame to go down to Liverpool, but damn it, I feel we could do a whole lot better.

With all the shit referees get, the official last night deserves some credit for over ruling the linesman and giving that first goal. Obviously it wasn't offside as we all know and it certainly wasn't a foul, so he got that spot on.

Fulham are doing incredible, reminds me a little of the year 'Boro went on a super run in the cup, but Fulham look even better. They look amazing away from home. They've got one hell of a task against Hamburg, but I really think they can over come it. I'd love to see them win it, both the team and Hodgson deserve it.

I'm curious...isn't it a little unfair if Hamburg get to the final of the competition, with the final being held in their home stadium? It'll essentially be a home game for them in a major european competition. Has that ever happened before?

Athletico Madrid VS Liverpool

Hamburg VS Fulham

There the 1st legs. I thought either us or Fulham would have been home and then the other away

Edited by davidmarrio

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool team have to do the same thing too don't they? And they have a match tonight. I hope this doesn't effect the performance on Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to work out if I want to watch the Liverpool match...

My only real interest is in the hope that Liverpool a) run themselves ragged, b) go to extra time, c) suffer an injury or two, d) all of the above. This seems a pretty sick way to watch a football match, but then I've watched a match hoping that it ended 0-0 before, and that was pretty weird.

Either way, I'll also have the stream of Chelsea vs Aston Villa FA Youth Cup Final 1st Leg running on my laptop from TheFA.com, so maybe between them the two matches will give me something worthwhile to watch.

Can't be arsed with the debate tonight. :shifty: