K

IMGP0001.jpg

Cover, I designed this.

IMGP0002.jpg

IMGP0013.jpg

IMGP0007.jpg

Page 1, with designer credit.

IMGP0010.jpg

Image page and a stats page. Had to do all the usual colour corrections to them, removing red eye, making them look less drunk.

IMGP0011.jpg

Text page with inline images I laid out.

IMGP0012.jpg

Advert page on the left, I designed both of them. Text on the right that I laid out.

Hoorah!

It's 104 pages total, which is about 7mm thick. Every single page was laid out by me. I signed it off. If there's anything wrong with it, it's my neck. It's a worrying though, but very exciting. I'm very proud of it.

• Like 2

I have no interest in boats whatsoever, though I know enough to tell you that you're actually looking at a magazine about ships -- not boats. :P

We make dozens of magazines for different industries -- I'm currently working on one about new technology, which is a bit more interesting. We also do stuff about business, medicine, beer, schools, health, all sorts.

The magazines we make come out on various different schedules. The shipping ones are seasonal, so four a year, whereas the tech one is bi-annual, so it's not like it's all ships all the time.

Dude, get this weak shit out of here and come back when you work on a magazine about boats.

Thanks Matzat, I really appreciate it. You were really good to me when I was still finding my feet in design, and you've been a big influence on me. I love all your work, and the way you've moved from traditional graphic design into mixed media is really inspiring. Thank you. I owe you a beer or twelve.

well done if it is legit

and well, really well done if its a fake you had/have me fooled

:o

Keith, you suck, man. You always find new ways to make me jealous of you, and this is just another bullet point in a long, long list of reasons!

Awesome work, man... I really hope I can get a job like that lined up sometime. Really hoping to make it in print design, it's just a matter of finding places looking for designers and hopefully wowing them with my portfolio, which... well, that in and of itself is still a huge work-in-progress just to set it up. Once that's done it'll just be an eternal WIP of adding new stuff in, but yeah :shifty:

Thanks man, this magazine is quite simple looking, the one I'm doing now is more complicated, and I have my own eight page section which I built from the ground-up that's pretty cool. It should be done in a couple weeks.